Now that you have a 30,000 foot view of your process, it's time to get to put your boots on the ground. This guide will drill in to the details of your workflow and SAM's Checklists that carry it. Let's go!
Get ready for Checklists
SAM's Checklists are used to track tasks. Checklists are a series of dates representing each task. As opposed to Checkboxes, dates provide when and if it is complete.
Checklists are used to:
- Set due dates
- Assign responsibility
- Provide forms or documents for clients to complete
To prepare for implementation:
- Download our Defining your Tasks! workbook, and complete steps 1-6 on the Instructions worksheet to:
- List your tasks
- Assign each task a responsible party
- Learn about using Checklists in SAM.
Clarify Documents vs Forms
Forms are webpages that users encounter when working in SAM. Overtime, forms will be customized to view the data your team needs to manage your programs. To get there, SAM Leads need to understand SAM's terms for paperwork and identify what forms need to be modified.
Your next steps:
- Understand a Form vs a Document in SAM
- Complete step 7 in your Defining your Tasks! workbook to label which tasks relate to paperwork and how you want it handled.
- Gather the physical forms you've identified in a digital format, so we can add them to SAM later.
- Explore SAM's sidebar links relating to your chosen program. This is will help you know what's available in SAM out of the box and how your forms connect to the system.
Remember, we're a part of your team through this project and are happy to brainstorm or consult with you. You're always welcome to schedule time to talk process when you need help.