Direct Client Access to Document Backups
Clients can access backups to documents stored in SAM directly by setting up an AWS Account and allowing InReach Solutions' team access to move documents daily into the client's bucket.
This is an inexpensive monthly service with AWS, our team will setup the connection and monitor transfers monthly to ensure this service is happening daily and all of your documents are available. You can review Amazon's pricing here https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/.
We are happy to support clients with the setup for this service. If you have questions through email@example.com. Our hourly development rates will apply.
Create your account with AWS
- Go to the Amazon Web Services home page.
- Choose Create an AWS Account.
Note: If you've signed in to AWS recently, the button might say Sign In to the Console.
- Enter your account information, and then choose Continue.
Important: Be sure that you enter your account information correctly, especially your email address. If you enter your email address incorrectly, you won't be able to access your account. If Create a new AWS account isn't visible, first choose Sign in to a different account, and then choose Create a new AWS account.
- Choose Personal or Professional.
Note: Personal accounts and professional accounts have the same features and functions.
- Enter your company or personal information.
- Read and accept the AWS Customer Agreement.
Note: Be sure that you read and understand the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement.
- Choose Create Account and Continue.
You will receive an email to confirm that your account is created. You can sign in to your new account using the email address and password you supplied. However, you can't use AWS services until you finish activating your account.
Add a payment method
On the Payment Information page, enter the information about your payment method, and then choose Secure Submit.
Note: If you want to use a different address for your AWS account, choose Use a new address before you choose Secure Submit.
Verify your phone number
- Choose whether you want to verify your account by Text message (SMS) or a Voice call.
- Choose your country or region code from the list.
- Enter a phone number where you can be reached in the next few minutes.
- Enter the code displayed in the captcha.
- When you're ready, choose Contact me. In a few moments, an automated system will contact you.
Note: If you chose to verify your account by SMS, choose Send SMS instead.
- Enter the PIN you receive by text message or voice call, and then choose Continue.
Supply InReach Solutions with Account ID
Finding your account ID (Console)
In the navigation bar, choose Support, and then Support Center. Your currently signed-in 12-digit account number (ID) appears in the Support Center title bar.
Supply InReach Solutions with AWS Console Login
Creating InReach User
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the IAM console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/
- In the navigation pane, choose Users and then choose Add user.
- Type the user name for the new user.
- Username = InReachAdmin
- Select the following levels of access
- Select Programmatic access
- Select AWS Management Console access
- For Console password, select Autogenerated Password
- This password will be visible at the end of the user creation process
- Be sure to select Require password reset as well
- Choose Next: Permissions.
- On the Set permissions page, choose Add user to group.
- Choose Create group.
- In the Create group dialog box, for Group name type Administrators.
- Choose Filter policies, and then choose AWS managed - job function to filter the table contents.
- In the policy list, select the check box for AdministratorAccess. Then choose Create group.
- Back in the list of groups, select the check box for your new group. Choose Refresh if necessary to see the group in the list.
- Choose Next: Tags.
- (Optional) Add metadata to the user by attaching tags as key-value pairs. For more information about using tags in IAM, see Tagging IAM Users and Roles.
- Choose Next: Review to see all of the choices you made up to this point. When you are ready to proceed, choose Create user.
To view the users' access keys (access key IDs and secret access keys), choose Show next to each password and access key that you want to see. To save the access keys, choose Download.csv and then save the file to a safe location.
Open a new text/word document and be sure to note the following for InReach
- Access key ID
- Secret access key
Choose Download.csv, be sure to remember where this is saved as we will need this file as well
Once all this is completed be sure to send an email with the above text document and Download.csv attached as well as the Account ID to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing your AWS connection
Make sure your team keeps the InReach Admin account active, so our team can continuously update backed up documents.
Your bucket is yours to move through and choose what you'd like to download as needed.