Today, we're excited to share some of the ways SAM can help your team get away from piles of paperwork. SAM's documents and checklist sections will help your team stay organized by allowing you to upload, share and view documents. We'll also show you how to keep track of important milestones with checklists. Let's get started!
To get to the documents screen, click on "Documents" on the sidebar of any cover page.
Document screen from a family record:
- To add a document, click "Documents" from the cover page and "Add Document" from the sidebar
- To view a document that has been scanned/uploaded, click "Open Document"
- To view document details, click the magnifying glass
- To edit a document, click the green pencil on the document you wish to edit
- To delete a document, click "Advanced Options" on the sidebar and then click "Delete one of the Sub-Records." Then click on the red "x" next to the document you wish to delete.
Checklists are a great way to take a complex processes and break them down into it's smaller components. With checklists, you can assign tasks such as due dates and completion dates to different team members or end users such as families. As tasks are completed, users can mark them so.
SAM Admins can include documents in their checklists setup. This allows teams to coordinate document collection requirements with clients online. Before checklists are accessible for your team, SAM Admins will need to create a general process flow and detail the tasks and documents that your team wants to track.
Document Your Workflow (very important step, don't skip!)
In order to create checklists, it's important to know what exact steps are included in your program(s). Below are a few ways that we recommend for Admins to use when writing out your program's detailed workflow (sticky notes work too!)
- Process Mapping For Social Workers
- Process Mapping/Documenting Your Program Workflow with Spreadsheets
- Process Mapping with Sticky Notes
Great job today! See you next time.