Now that your data is in SAM, let's discover how to get data out of SAM. Today we'll be talking about reports.
Reports can be accessed under each tab at the top of your home page for quick access. Reports are color coded based off the tab that they are associated with (blue: family tab, green: child tab, etc.) Which reports are included in your home page tabs is determined by your Admin.
Customizing your home page report menus:
Admins click here to learn how to customize your home page report menu.
Family Reports Example
Child Reports Example
Send emails, print, export and more by clicking "options" at the top of the report.
Report stats at the top of the report display groupings or categories of the records summarized by record counts, percentage or other aggregates as specified.
There are a few ways to filter a report:
1) click "Show Report Stats" then click the field you'd like to sort or filter
2) From within the report, click directly on a value to edit or filter or exclude that field’s value.
3) Within the report, click on any field then click "filter by field value" to see a modified report
Editing Existing Reports
SAM has many pre-built reports available for your convenience. These reports can be copied, and/or edited by your Admin instead of creating a new report from scratch.
Building New Reports
Users must have Full Admin permissions to modify reports. These users can change reports and add new ones at any time.
Before building a report, you’ll need to know:
1) The purpose of the report - why do you need this report and who is it for?
2) Which main entity type will be used to pull the information from (for example, Family or Child or Organization)?
2) Which tables associated with the entity type should be included?
Reports can be built from the home page by clicking Settings > Report Builder or by clicking Options > Edit Report within the report itself.