Once email sending and importing settings have been configured for your system, each user that will send and/or import emails will need to input their email account username and password.
PLEASE NOTE: You may need to setup an app password for each User in Google or Office 365. This password will be entered in place of your usual email password in SAM. If your organization's default email and a user email are the same, you'll need to create a separate app password for each. See the instructions in this guide for creating an app password.
User Email Setup:
- First, open SAM > Settings > My Email Settings.
- Check the boxes for "Send Emails Using Own Email Account" and/or "Email Importing Enabled."
- Enter your username and password for your email account.
- Click "Save."
- When your email password is changed, you must modify your Email Settings to reflect this change.
- It may take a minute or two to save because SAM will confirm that the information that you entered is correct. If you have put in the wrong username or password then SAM will alert you.
- The first run of Email Importing may take several hours. Email Importing runs nightly.
- SAM Admins or IT departments can review a user's setup via the user's Person record > Advanced Options > Edit Email Settings.
If you have a different email address other than "@YourAgency.org", aka , an email account other than the default Email Server, you will need to enter your Email Server details.
- Follow steps 1 - 3 above.
- Click "Use Different Email Server" from Default link located beneath the Save button.
- Enter your email providers server details.