Before configuring your SAM system, it's important to have an idea of where you're going. Get prepared for implementation by answering the questions below. Start ready out of the gate by keeping this information organized and within reach to reference and update regularly.
Define the program.
This helps communicate to others (and SAM's support team) what this program does. Keep this simple. Use layman's terms.
- What is the purpose of this program?
- Who is served by this program?
What entity types "clients": Families, children, birth parents (all of the above?)
- Who works on this program?
Set roles for people that will interact with clients in the program.
Within one minute or less, describe how each client transitions through their case.
from Initial to close, how would that work? Keep this very high level.
Can you formulate case stages (5-13) that lump each client into phases of the case?
What types of information will you need to track?
Demographics, important dates, document collection, notes, etc.
Can you tie this information collecting to specific case stages/phases of the case?
Why this program? What metrics will be helpful to support your programming?
- Why this program? What is the team hoping to accomplish with this program?
- Are they metrics that show what is happening now is not working?
- (this will help us consider what tracking to put in place to prove the new programming is making a difference).