Template-Reports are intended to allow 1:Many Tables, like “Person in Home” to be used on Templates, and also for emailing reports such as "Applications this Week" to Managers.
Template-Reports are based on existing Reports. All Template-Report properties are controlled through the Report. The Template-Report will show all the fields on the report except the Main Entity Name field, which are excluded by default. For Generic Templates, all the Report Fields will be shown, including the Main Entity Name field.
For Generic Templates, you can choose any report and it will show all records. For entity specific reports, like Family, it will only allow you to select the reports based on that entity and by default will be filtered to the entity it is generated for. Entity Specific Templates can show Template-Reports with all the records by clicking on Advanced Options and checking the box for Generic - Non-Entity Specific Report, in the Insert Template-Report Popup Window.
Adding Template-Reports to Templates
- In the Template Designer, put your cursor where you would like to insert the Template-Report
- Click the Insert Field link in the sidebar
- Click the "Insert Template-Report" option in the popup window.
Managing Template-Report Styles
Template-Report styles are controlled by the Template-Report Styles List, which has attribute fields for each part of the Template-Report layout. You must have experience with CSS in order to add new or manage existing styles.
Each report can have a different Template-Report Style, and if one is not specified then it will use the one marked as the Default List Item.
Setup Template-Report Styles
- In the Template Designer, click Advanced Options and then Edit Template-Report Styles
- Add List Item to add new styles or click Edit on an existing row.
- The style must be specified as inline CSS that will go inside of the style attribute on the HTML elements. Read the hints carefully for each field to understand how that style is applied. Experiment with styles to gain a better understanding of how the styles are applied to different elements. Make the title of the list item as descriptive as possible so it will be easier to manage as the list grows over time.
Selecting Template-Report Style for Report
- Open the Report in the Report Builder
- Click Advanced Options
- Click Misc Advanced Options
- Edit the Template-Report Style field to select a style.
Limiting Number of Rows Returned
You can limit the number of rows shown in a Template-Report by entering a number for the Template-Report Limit Number of Rows Returned To field, which is on the same form as the Template-Report Styles.
Memo Fields on Separate Row
SAM allows for memo fields to be shown on a second line when shown on a template, so the text is not crunched.
To setup, access the Field Properties form and change the Template-Report - Show on Separate Row field to Yes.
If your report is not pulling properly, try to regenerate the Template-Report by going to the Report Builder > Advanced Options > "Regen Template-Report".