Insert Document LinkUpload a PDF document and SAM will convert it to a link that will allow download of the PDF on an email template. This feature eliminates attachments.
Note that documents linked on templates are public - anyone with the URL of the document can access it. For this reason, you should never upload sensitive documents onto a template.
1. Insert your cursor inside the template designer body.
2. Advanced Options > Insert Document Link
3. Choose the document from your local drive.
4. Enter the text for the Link. Click Save.
Insert Form Link: Link to a form in SAM
Include a link to a form for a record, such as the Home Study Form for a Family. This is very helpful for getting staff to a record which triggered an Auto Action.
To add a hyperlink to a specific form to a specific record or form in SAM in a template:
- Open the template
- Place your cursor where you want to add the link.
- Click Advanced Options > Insert Form Link
- Select the form you want the template to take the end user to. Click Save.
- The link will be added to the template very much the same way a field is added.
Templates based on multi-record forms do not allow users to add forms higher up in the hierarchy. However, users can "hack" this by copying the form link from another template onto the multi-record template.
Insert Fields from Form
This function allows all fields from a form to be inserted on a template that can be printed with logos and other details that are not displayed from printing a SAM form. SAM Admins won't need to insert each field individually, saving time in creating the template.
Open Template > Advanced Options > Insert Fields from Form.
Select Form. Press Save.
Select the options as appropriate for the document you're creating.
Section Headings and Fields are added in order of the Form.