There are several ways to distribute surveys, which are dependent on the settings you gave the survey when it was set up.
Special Link Required to Access = NO
If the Survey is setup with Special Link Required to Access, the survey must be sent using an Email Template from a client's record directly or through an Auto-Action.
If you choose an Auto Action, it must be "Trigger = Update - Action = Email". A Scheduled Auto-Action, nor Bulk-Email will work in this setup because the link has to be specially generated.
Share the Link
- Open the Survey by clicking on the magnifying glass icon then click Advanced Options.
- Click Open Public Survey Form to access the link.
- Copy the URL and Paste it into an email or other communication to share.
Special link required to access = Yes/No
- Open the Survey Respondent's Record.
- Click Email Template. See how to add a Survey to a Template.
- Select the Template. Send.
- Settings > Template Designer > Create New Template (or open or copy an existing template if you have a template already and just need to add the survey link - skip to item 5 in that case)
- Name the Template and enter the subject line of the email then Click Save
- Select the Entity for the Template. The entity you choose depends on who you want to send the template to and what fields you will need. For example, if I want to email a survey to all Families that have current placements in my organization, I would use the Family Entity. Under the Family Entity, there is a report that I can use to send a bulk email to those particular families.
- Select the additional tables needed to include the fields you want in your template. In this example, we are using the Family and Case tables to pull the Family Name. Then click Save.
- Begin to write your template. Click Advanced Options > Insert Survey Link to add the survey. Be sure you have your cursor placed within the template where you want the link to be shown.
- Select the survey you want to add from the list. Click Save.
- The Survey link will be shown where you cursor was placed. Make any other adjustments to your template, then click Save.
The Template is now ready to be used in Auto Actions, Bulk Emails or selected from a client record.
- Pull a Report of Client Records that the survey should be sent to.
- Click Options > Send Bulk Email.
- Select the Template or Manually Enter the email. Include the link as copied above or include the Survey link in a Template.
- Build a Template including the Survey link.
- Create an Auto Action based off Emailing the Template created in step 1, when triggered by some other event. Examples would be when a date is entered or a Case Stage is updated. You cannot use a Scheduled Auto-Action when "Special Link Required to Access".