There are several ways to distribute surveys, which is dependent on the settings you gave the survey.
Special Link Required to Access = NO
If the Survey is setup with Special Link Required to Access, the survey must be sent using an Email Template from a client's record directly or through an Auto-Action.
If you choose an Auto Action, it must be "Trigger = Update - Action = Email". A Scheduled Auto-Action, nor Bulk-Email will work in this setup because the link has to be specially generated.
Share the Link
- Open the Survey, click Advanced Options.
- Click Open Public Survey Form to access the link.
- Copy the URL and Paste it into an email or other communication to share.
- Pull a Report of Client Records that the survey should be sent to.
- Click Options > Send Bulk Email.
- Select the Template or Manually Enter the email. Include the link as copied above or include the Survey link in a Template.
Special Link Required to Access = YES / NO
- Open the Survey Respondent's Record.
- Click Email Template. See how to add a Survey to a Template.
- Select the Template. Send.
- Build a Template including the Survey link.
- Create an Auto Action based off Emailing the Template created in step 1, when triggered by some other event. Examples would be when a date is entered or a Case Stage is updated. You cannot use a Scheduled Auto-Action when "Special Link Required to Access".