A user's permissions governs what they can view, edit and delete. Only users with the Full Admin Permission type can modify Permissions and grant access to other users.
A list of Users and their Permission Type can be viewed in the Security Center.
General notes on Permissions
- A User can only have one Permission Type.
- A Permission Type can be shared among several users.
- There are no limits to the number of Permission Types built in your system. Each user may have a unique Permission Type.
- Full Admin Permission Types have access to everything, a User cannot have Full Admin Permission Type with any filters.
To access Permission Types, navigate to Settings > Permissions. This screen is a list of Permission Types available in your system.
Default Permission Types
- Full Admin - The user can view and edit everything, including medical info and system settings. This permission should only be given to a few select users. Users with this Permission type can change settings for Report Builder, Form Customizer, Checklist Configuration, Auto Actions and setup Permissions.
- View and Edit - The user can view and edit all the entities and their communications and documents but cannot configure the database.
- View Only - The user can view all the entities and their communications and documents but cannot edit any records and cannot access financial, medical, counseling or complaint information. No configuration settings are available.
Only Users with Full Admin Permission type can change settings and configure your site for Report Builder, Form Customizer, Checklist Configuration, Auto Actions, email configurations and setup Permissions.
Each Permission type can set specific accesses for Users.
- Tables - what entities and the tables the User can see
- Records with Specific criteria - if you choose to limit to certain tables
- Administrative Settings - decide if this User can manage the administration of the following functions. Limiting access to administration does not preclude the usage of those settings.
- Bulk Emails
Change a User's Permission Type
- Access Security Center. Security Center shows Persons with Permissions.
- Click the detail link next to the Person's name to access their Person record.
- On the side bar, select "Edit Login/Permissions".
- Choose the Permission Type you want. Click Save.