A user's permissions governs what they can view, edit and delete. Only users with the Full Admin Permission type can modify Permissions. View a list of Users and their Permission Type through the Security Center.
General Notes about Creating Permissions:
- Organization and Person records are generally recommended to include with most Permission types, so the user can add other records to the primary record they access.
- If a Permission type does not have any checkboxes under a Main Record, users will not see the Tab or reports associated with the main record at login.
Create A New Permission Type:
- Click Settings > Permissions.
- Click Create New Permission Type. If you are creating a new type similar to another that already exists, you can choose Create new from Existing.
- Name the New Permission Type.
- Check the boxes next to each table option to designate what a user with this Permission type can access.
- Click Save when complete.
For Specific Permissions
On Save, users are directed to a view screen of the Permissions current settings. From here, at the bottom left of each Entity section, users can apply a filter to restrict access further for users with this Permission.
- Click Enter "Entity" Permission Filters, to apply a filter.
Once you are on the Permission Filters screen, use the prompts to select the table, field, operator and value for the filter. You may add multiple filters.
- Click Save when you are finished.
Review the records available to this permission type.
- View Records matching the filters entered to ensure you have the correct settings.