At times you may need to update multiple records with a particular value for one or more fields. SAM allows you to update multple record through a report.
Examples: Insert Payment Sent Date, Inquiry Packet Sent Date or Deposit Date as Current Date. Update a sub-sect of families for a particular program. This tool may be used in cleanup of migrated data.
Bulk Update Records
1. Pull a report with the records to be updated. In our example, we'll be updating the Inquiry Info Packet Sent Date to a specific date for all records where the "Inquiry Info Packet Sent Date" is blank.
2. Click Options > Bulk-Update Records.
3. Click Add Fields on the Bulk Update - Select Field Values screen.
4. Select the Table and Field that you want to update, then give the field a value. SAM will prompt with a corresponding Value box for the type of field to be updated.
Bulk Update Records from another Field
Alternatively, you can bulk update a field from another field's entry. Use the gear icon to select another field.
The field on the left side of the equation will be updated from the right side.
5. Add more field values, if needed. Click the red 'x' to delete a row.
6. Click Save.
7. SAM will display all records that will be affected and the field value/update that will be applied.
8. Enter Memo will allow you to include a title/memo or reason for doing the Bulk Update. This memo is available through the Bulk Update Report, which is accessible on the Home Page under the Administrative (Brown sectioned) reports.
9. Click Confirm. SAM will display a pop-up box saying: "Your Bulk-Update was successful." Click Ok, Close.
1. Encrypted fields cannot be updated through Bulk Update.
2. The same field cannot be updated more than once at the same time.