SAM will create a new Case each time a Public form is submitted if...
- The form is based on the Case table
- The form uses fields from the Case table or other table beneath the Case in the table hierarchy.
- The "Default - Use Existing Case Criteria" is not met (Case Entered Date within 12 Months in Past)
This may not be preferable for long forms where a user may come back to the form and submit multiple times.
For example, you want the form to create a new case if they are coming back for another adoption several years later, but not create a new case after submitting the form twice because of time intensive questions. To change when SAM creates a new Case, you will need to specify when the form submission should create a new case vs use the latest one.
If no criteria is specified, then it will use the default criteria, which is "Case Entered Date Within 12 Months".
To Specify when to Use Existing Case
- Open the Form Customizer view of the Public Form.
- Advanced Options > Use Existing Case for Form Criteria
- Enter the Table - Field Name, then specify criteria Determining the criteria can take a little forethought, but consider your Case stages, date entry that happens around the form submission. For example, "Case Stage = Application" or "Application Received Date within 6 months".
- Click Save.
To Modify the Default Criteria
The Default Criteria is specified per main table, so Child forms may have different default criteria than Family forms. Click the "Default [Table Name] Table > Use Existing Case for Form Criteria" link in the hint at the top of "Use Existing Case for Form Criteria" form.
If you want the form to always use the latest case, then you just enter "Case ID" "Is Not Empty" or some other criteria that will always be true."