Passwords can be added to Public Forms, so the user can directly enter information on their SAM record. When a password is not used, SAM will attempt to auto-match the record to limit duplicate records.
All Main Records: Family, Child, Birth Mother/Father, Donor, Volunteer, Person or Organization have password capabilities to ensure an exact match to their record. Previously entered data will be pre-filled and shown on the form if the data field is shown.
- Long forms the user can return to multiple times to complete
- Detailed information after the user has an existing SAM record
- Document Upload forms.
When Login Required is added to a Public Form, the URL (link) to the Public Form is updated. You can retrieve the new link under Advanced Options on the Form Customizer view of the Form.
When a password is required, the user must enter an email address from their record and password to enter the Public Form.
Password Login Messaging
When "Login and Prefill Option" is selected under Public Form Properties, SAM prompts login credentials from the user with a question.
The messaging shown to a form user at the Login screen can be modified.
1. Open Form Customizer > Advanced Options > Really Advanced Options > Advanced Form Properties
2. Find the Login - Public Forms section
3. Enter the "Login/Prefill Option Section Text/Question" with a new message. Click Save.
Retrieving a Forgotten PasswordSAM does not save password details, so for a user to reset their password, they must follow prompts to reset or create the password.
1. Click the "Forgot or Don't Have a Password" link located next to the Password entry field.
2. SAM will direct the user to a "Reset Your Password" form. Enter an email address on record and the Name requested. Click Submit.
If the email address/password combination do not match, SAM will notify the user. The user will need to contact your organization to recover
an email address and name if they are unable to enter the correct combination.
3. An email will be sent to the email address from your Default Email Sending email account. The email will contain a link so the user can reset their password.
4. The link will request the user input a new password and confirm the password. Click save when complete. At this time, the user can access the original form link and login with new credentials.
Public Form MessagingProvide an explanation to the user about collecting the password, such as:
Public Form Password Reset Messaging
To modify the message:
1. Click Settings > Public Forms Links.
2. Click Advanced Options, then select an option below to change the text the Public Form user will receive.
- Edit Public Forms | Reset Password Email | Subject
- Edit Public Forms | Reset Password Email | Body