Passwords can be set on Public Forms, so end users enter data on their SAM record and any previously completed data will be pre-filled.
Public forms and Checklists set as view will always require that clients login. When a password requirement is not set, SAM will attempt to auto-match records to limit duplicates.
Password Login Options
End users must enter an email address and password they created to login to the Public Form.
Login and Prefill Option
When this option is selected under Public Form Properties, SAM prompts login credentials from the end user with selections to enter their password or start a new form (creating a new record.)
How End Users Retrieve a Forgotten PasswordSAM does not save passwords, so when end users need to reset their password, they must follow prompts to reset or create a password.
- Click the "Forgot or Don't Have a Password" link located next to the Password entry field.
- SAM will direct the user to a "Reset Your Password" form. Enter an email address on record and the Name requested. Click Submit.
- An email will be sent to the email address from your Default Email Sending email account. The email will contain a link so the user can reset their password.
If the email address/name combination do not match, SAM will notify the end user on the form. End users will need to contact your organization to recover an email address and name if they are unable to enter the correct combination.
4. The link will request the user input a new password and confirm the password. Click save when complete. At this time, the user can access the original form link and login with new credentials.
Public Form Login Messaging
Public Form Password Reset Messaging
To modify the message:
1. Click Settings > Public Forms Links.
2. Click Advanced Options, then select an option below to change the text the Public Form user will receive.
- Edit Public Forms | Reset Password Email | Subject
- Edit Public Forms | Reset Password Email | Body
The messaging shown to a form user at the Login screen can be modified.
1. Open Form Customizer > Advanced Options > Really Advanced Options > Advanced Form Properties
2. Find the Login - Public Forms section
3. Enter the "Login/Prefill Option Section Text/Question" with a new message. Click Save.
Public Forms & Auto-Matching
By default, all Public Forms have Auto-Matching disabled because it makes Public Forms less secure. The security risk is hackers trying Last Name and Email combinations to match with existing records.
When a duplicate email address is suspected, SAM will prompt the end user to login by opening a popup. The end user can set or reset their password using the "Forgot or Don't have Password" link, which will send an email with a special link. If the end user chooses to ignore this login prompt, a new, potentially duplicate record will be created.
For each form, Admins can disable the login prompt:
- Advanced Options > Really Advanced Options >Form Security Settings
- Set Public Forms | Prompt user to login when duplicate email = No This will create duplicate records if the "Public Form | Auto-Match" Form Property is also set to "No" (which is the default). We don't recommend changing this because security is more important than convenience.
Public-Form Auto-Match Record Criteria
When you enable "Public Form | Auto-Match", SAM will still use the "Public-Form Auto-Match Record Criteria", which is set per each Main Entity Table, to know if an auto-match should occur. By default, the Criteria is "Login Password" is Empty.
To set the "Public-Form Auto-Match Record Criteria" go to the Table Properties for a Main Entity Table > Advanced Options > "Public-Form Auto-Match Record Criteria" If you want all records to Auto-Match regardless of any criteria, then just delete all the filters in the "Public-Form Auto-Match Record Criteria"
If there are Duplicate Records, SAM will login (or reset the password) to the latest one.
Public Form | Auto-Match
When "Public Form | Auto-Match" is enabled, records entered through the public forms are automatically matched to existing records by:
- Last Name + Email Address
- Last Name + Phone Number
- Email Address + Phone Number
When a new Public Form is submitted and SAM matches at least two of the criteria, the information captured on the public form will be entered for the matched record. When these criteria are not matched, a new record will be created.