There may be times when a family is both a Foster family and an Adoptive family. In these cases, you need the family to be set as foster/adoptive family using the following steps.
From Family Form
If an adoptive family becomes a foster family, use Advanced Options on the Family form's side bar to "Set Family as Foster Family." This will open the Foster Family Cover Page.
From Foster Family Form
A foster family can be linked as an adoptive family by opening Advanced Options from the Foster Family form's side bar. Click "Set as Adoptive Family," and the Family Cover Page for the foster family. This function sets the following fields = Yes: Is Adoptive Family and Is Foster Family. Fields shared between the Family and Foster Family table are shown in Foster Mother, Foster Father and Family Details sections. For example, addresses and phone numbers are automatically updated in the Father Details and the Mother Details if the Family Details show this information.
Remove "Set as Foster Family"
- Locate the Foster Family Cover Page
- Click Advanced Options in the side bar
- Remove Foster Family role If a foster family’s role is removed, they will become a Family without a case attached. Remove family role should only be used only if the role has been erroneously entered.
The Remove Family Role can only be used when:
- A foster family does not have a child placed.
- An adoptive family does not have a case attached.
Family that was foster family and set as an adoptive family, the adoptive family role can be removed so long as there is no case. If there is a case, you would have to delete that to remove the adoptive family role. Foster family roles cannot be removed if a child is attached at the family location."