To accept payments through online Public Forms, SAM Admins will setup Payment Configurations.
Enable Payments for a form
- Open Form Customizer for the Form you will accept payments/donations on.
- Under Advanced Options > Really Advanced Options - click on Enable Payments
Accounts Receivable (A/R) is under the Case making all forms that require credit card processing to be built from the Case table.
Payment Configuration Form
This screen contains most of the options to configure a form to process payments.
Depending on your needs you may reference other screens and most certainly will come back to this form for changes as the form you're building develops.
- Check Payment Enabled on this Form
- Payment Amount Type - select one of the following options:
- One-Time/Single - One-time credit card charge. Generally used for Family - Accounts Receivable (A/R).
- ARB Only - ARB stands for Automatic Recurring Billing. This is commonly used for recurring donations without a stop date.
When either One-Time or ARB Only is selected, set whether the end-user will pay a static/preset amount or if they can enter any amount for their payment.
- Amount Options:
- Static Amount - Enter a specific dollar amount if the end-user must make a set payment amount (ex: always $25). Leave this empty if the user can enter any amount for their payment.
- From Field - Select a single currency field option from the table the form is based on.
- When ARB Only chosen, you will be presented with:
- ARB Interval (aka, frequency) - how often this amount will be charged to the user's credit card.
- Hybrid (Payment Amount-n-Type Select) - this option allow users to select from a radio-button list of different amounts with recurring payments and/or one-time payment options.
NOTE: This is often used for donations, but can be used for all sorts of advanced payments. This is one of those Really, Really Advanced options and we recommend working with our support team to get configurations right.
See the Hybrid (Payment Amount-n-Type Select) Setup instructions below.
- Item Name is what is shown on the user's credit card statement. Enter the Item Name into the textbox, like "Application Fee" or a generic Item Name, like "Payment to [Agency Name]".
Field in the From Field drop-down list if you allow the user to select a specific project. The "From Field" only allows you to select text and list fields that are on the Main Form.
- List Item - This is only used when a Fee/Payment record has to be automatically created for this Payment. For example, on the Family Application Form, the List Item would be "Application Fee", and an AR record with Fee Type = Application Fee will be created when the payment is made.
The "List Item" drop down list is populated from the List for the "Payment | 'Type' (Identifier) field" for the table; which is Family AR - Fee Type or Donation-Project/Case for Donations.
- Payment Section Title and Hint - provides messaging to the end-user about the payment section.
Hybrid (Payment Amount-n-Type Select) Setup
When this option is selected, a Payment Amount Config section and drop-down list opens to create or select the options that will be shown to the end-user for payment.
Click the edit link to the right of the drop-down list to modify the options.
New List Items or change the existing ones that have the "Payment Amount Config" field set to "Celebrate the Promise".
Payment Configurations Form and Making Edits
Once the payment settings are enabled on a form, a Payment method sub-form will display on the form customizer screen for the form you'll accept payments on.
When you need to make changes, click the Edit Payment Configurations link on the bottom left of this form.
Payment Method Options
Forms can be configured to accept different payment options and allow the user to choose which option they would like to use. The Default Payment Method Options are Credit Card, and Check.
The Credit Card option requires that you have Authorize.Net credit card processing module. On each form you can choose which Payment Methods are available, but since most forms will use the same options you should first enable/disable the default payment options.
- Go to the Edit Payment Configuration Form.
- Click on Edit Payment Method List.
- Change the "Enabled on new Forms with Payment Option" field by clicking the "Edit" link on the right side of the rows.
Change the Payments Methods
- Go to the "Edit Payment Configuration" page for the Form.
- In Advanced Options, click on "Edit Payment Method for this Form".
- On the "Payment Method Options per Form" screen you can Add new options, delete existing ones and even override the name shown for that Payment Method.
- Each Payment Method MUST have an Order specified for how you want the options to display in the list.
If there is only one Payment Method enabled for a Form, the user does not receive a choice, and the form will automatically default requiring them to use the specified Payment Method.
For the "Check" Payment Method, the form will not prompt the user to enter or select anything; it will simply create an AR or Donation record with "Check" as the Payment Type and the Amount Due. The Amount Received and Received Date fields will be empty, and users will enter those fields once you receive the check.
For "Credit Card" Payment Method, the user's credit card will be charged in real-time as soon as they press the Save/Submit button on the form. If the credit card is not able to be charged, the user will receive a generic message that their credit card charge was declined and they should try again after they re-enter their credit card info.
Special Payment Options
You can give end-users the option to select different payment amounts, like for "Returning Clients" which receive a discounted rate. When you enable Special Payment Options, the added options will be shown after the "None/Regular" option as a radio-button list.
Special Payment Options override the amount charged, and don't change anything else about the Payment Configuration of the form.
Setup Special Payment Options:
- Go to the "Edit Payment Configuration" page for the Form, as described above.
- In Advanced Options, click on "Edit Special Payment Options".
- Click the "Add Button" at the top right corner of the Form to add new options.
- On the "Add Payment Method Special Options" form: "Text" is what is shown in the radio-button list options. "Amount Override" is how the amount that will be charged when this option is selected. "Order" is for ordering the options in the radio-button list.