There are a few categories to describe forms that you'll need to understand when editing or building your forms.
- A sidebar is only available on view forms.
- Fields on view forms can only be edited one at a time.
- Some fields may be combined for ease in reading the information, such as "All Phone Numbers" or "Full Address".
- Some fields are not editable and are "view only", e.g., Calculated Age.
- Fields are not combined: Street Address, Street Address Line 2, City, State, Zip.
- SAM cannot display "view" fields on edit forms, such as Timeline: Calculated Age, Length of Stay, Full Address.
- It's possible to configure different Cover pages for main entities through Cover Page Redirect settings, should you have multiple requirements per program.
Multi-Record Form Types
Main Forms / Container Forms
The majority of forms in SAM are a Main/Container form. Main forms are based off Main entity or Case tables and can contain subforms. Container forms are generally created when building a multi-record subform to hold the form.
These forms display or allow data entry of multi-record table data. Think recording history or when you need several records. Subforms always display at the bottom of the Main/Container forms they are on.
Sub-forms can also be used to better format the content on a main form.
Examples of Forms
Cover Page / View / Vertical / Two Columns
Edit / Vertical / One Column
Container / 2 Subforms / View / Horizontal
Edit / Horizontal