There are several field types in SAM for getting users to enter data consistently. The field type can be found on the Field Properties screen.
- Small: 16 characters, e.g., zip codes
- Regular: 46 characters, e.g., street address
- Memo: 240 characters
- Unlimited Memo
- WYSIWYG Text
The field length of this field can be changed by clicking the "Change Field Length from Default" link at the bottom right corner of the screen when selecting or editing this field type.
- Drop-down: Allows only one selection
- Big Search: Access another record in SAM
- Checkbox: Allows multiple value selections
- Radio Button: Allows only one selection
- Yes/No Radio Button
- Checkbox: Yes/No values, simple checkbox for ease of entry
- Date Only
- Date - Time
- Time Only
- Timeline: One Date Field - Another Date Field. Represented in Days, Weeks, Months, Years, Year and Month (child ages)
Things to know about date fields
Invalid Date Error for a Valid Date
- Open the Table or Form the field should be added to.
- Add New Field > Create New Field
- Add Form Title > Select Date or Time or Timeline
- Select Timeline
- Date fields on the Table selected will be presented. Enter the Start/End Dates and the Interval Type for how you want the results to display.
- Press Save.
SAM will direct you to the Field Properties screen or the form you originated from. SAM will present the Timeline Setup. To edit, click the Field Type value.
If this data will be needed for Report Statistics, access Advanced Field Properties and set Totals on Forms and Reports = Yes.
- Number - Allow Decimals, Allow Negative Number
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Document - Only specific file types are able to be uploaded: zip, pdf, jpeg, xls, doc
There are Full Address fields that pull together Street Address, Street Address 2, City, State, Zip into a more visually appealing single field. This field type can be found on the Main Entities.