Prefill Form Fields from Last Form allows a user to insert a new record and update the field values on the current record from the last entered record.
This feature is helpful in situations where the current record is nearly identical to the last record entered. For example, Progress Reports, Assessments and Treatment Therapies, where a client's status may not change much from one month to the next.
- This only works for 1:Many Tables.
- This only works on the Add or Edit Forms, not View Only or Container forms.
- The form sorting must be set using "Sort Form By" field.
- Once this is set for a form, all future records will be prefilled from the previous form.
- All fields are prefilled.
- Open Form Customizer from the Add/Edit Form for the form.
- Click Advanced Options > Really Advanced Options > Form Fields Prefill Settings.
- Check the box to enable Form Fields Prefill, then enter the Sort for the form. On the Add/Edit Form, a small link at the top right titled "Prefill Form Fields from Last Form" will be present.
Once you have clicked the link, SAM will Prefill the record from the last previous record. A message will let you know that the record has been prefilled.
If you create a new record > enter data into it > save it > Reopen the record > click the "Prefill" link, SAM will only prefill the fields that do not already have some data entered. Once a form has been set to Prefill from the Last Record, all future records will be prefilled from the last. "