Basic Options for Formatting Forms
SAM has many options for formatting forms. These basic and most commonly used options are found on the sidebar of the Form Customizer screen.
Add a Field to Form
Three options for adding more fields:
- Select an existing field from one of the table options
- Create a new field which will be added to the table and the form.
- To add multiple fields at once, click the (shown at bottom right of screen). Put a checkmark next to the fields you want to add to the form.
Add Multiple Fields at Once
The link is a little hidden (we get it!), but it is possible to add more than one field at a time to save time when creating a more detailed form. On the next screen, you'll add a checkmark next to each field you'd like to add.
Add New Field to a Table & the Form
Sometimes you will want to add fields that do not yet exist in your SAM system. And you can! From a form, SAM provides an easy way to Create a new field.
- Click Create New field for the table you want to add the field to (located under the Save button...it's out of the way.)
- Enter the new Field Title, hint and other requested information. Follow the prompts to setup the field.
Change a Field's Position on the Form
- Click Edit Field Positions on the side bar.
- Two drop-down lists will open next to each field. One drop-down allows you to move the field to a different Section. The other allows you to select what order of the field in that section.
Required Fields & Conditionally Required Fields
- Click Edit Required fields from the sidebar.
- A checkbox and link to Enter Special Requirements will open next to each field.
- Enter a checkmark in each field that's mandatory to enter before saving/submitting that form.
Conditionally Required Fields
There are two options for conditions on field entry.
- When a field doesn't need to be entered - you will accept one of a number of entries, but to submit the form, the user must enter at least one of the fields.
- When a field is required only if something else is true - think Parent 2 email is needed only if an entry has been made for Parent 2 Name.
Remove a Field from a Form
- Click Remove Fields on the sidebar.
- All fields will be shown with a "Remove" link next to each.
- Click the "Remove" link for all the fields that you want to remove from that form.
Basic Field Changes from a Form
Clicking on the Field title you would like to change will take you to the Field Properties Overview, where you can modify the field.