Basic Options for Formatting Forms
SAM has many options for formatting forms. These basic and most commonly used options are found on the sidebar of the Form Customizer screen.
Add a Field to Form
Three options for adding more fields:
- Select an existing field from one of the table options
- Create a new field which will be added to the table and the form.
- To add multiple fields at once, click the (shown at bottom right of screen). Put a checkmark next to the fields you want to add to the form.
Add Multiple Fields at Once
The link is a little hidden (we get it!), but it is possible to add more than one field at a time to save time when creating a more detailed form. On the next screen, you'll add a checkmark next to each field you'd like to add.
Add New Field to a Table & the Form
Sometimes you will want to add fields that do not yet exist in your SAM system. And you can! From a form, SAM provides an easy way to Create a new field.
- Click Create New field for the table you want to add the field to (located under the Save button...it's out of the way.)
- Enter the new Field Title, hint and other requested information. Follow the prompts to setup the field.
Change a Field's Position on the Form
- Click Edit Field Positions on the side bar.
- Two drop-down lists will open next to each field. One drop-down allows you to move the field to a different Section. The other allows you to select what order of the field in that section.
Better Organize a Field's Position with Sections
Sections are available on Vertical forms to organize and categorize the fields shown on the form.
Through the Sidebar, users can Add a New Section or reorder the Sections (Edit Field Positions). Sections can be setup in one or two columns.
Set Required Fields
- Click Edit Required fields from the sidebar.
- A checkbox and link to Enter Special Requirements will open next to each field.
- Enter a checkmark in each field that's mandatory to enter before saving/submitting that form.
Conditionally Required Fields
There are two options for conditions on field entry.
- When a field doesn't need to be entered - you will accept one of a number of entries, but to submit the form, the user must enter at least one of the fields.
- When a field is required only if something else is true - think Parent 2 email is needed only if an entry has been made for Parent 2 Name.
Remove a Field from a Form
- Click Remove Fields on the sidebar.
- All fields will be shown with a "Remove" link next to each.
- Click the "Remove" link for all the fields that you want to remove from that form.
Basic Field Changes from a Form
Clicking on the Field title you would like to change will take you to the Field Properties Overview, where you can modify the field.
Event forms can be located under Form Customizer and can be edited like others.