Report Options allow users to take action on a report.
View Report Configuration
This provides information on how the report was put together. Tables included on the report, Default Filters and Sorting that's applied. This is how the Report is presented by default.
When Must be In Results is shown next to an entity/table, the record results of a report MUST have a record from the table shown. In this example, Children are shown and they must have a current placement record, otherwise the child's record will not be shown on the report.
A Print Preview of the report. Specify the printer, layout, margins and other printing options.
Send Bulk Email
Users can send an email to multiple records at one time through Reports.
Print Address Labels
Print address labels for the records on a report from a standard template, like Avery.
- Open the Report you wish to print labels from
- Click Options > Print Address Labels
- Confirm the records you want to exclude from the label printing, then Press Ok/Go.
These settings can be changed by clicking the "Edit Filter to Include Others" link above "Ok/Go".
- Select the Address Type: Home or Shipping Address.
Add a Prefix or Postfix (optional).
You can also print labels for other Entities that are linked to the main entity from the Report you started with. Example: From a Child Placements report, you can select to Print labels for the Foster Family.
- Press Save to continue. SAM will take you to a screen showing the labels for print.
The side bar has options to:
Print - Select your printer and modify additional browser printer options.
Enter a Communication Record for Everyone Listed here - enter a Subject and Body, which will be added as a Communication record on the Main Entity's record.
Return to Report - takes you back to the Report to start again.
Home - takes you back to the Home Page.
Print Templates for the records of a report.
Open the Report > Options > Print Templates.
Select the template you want to print.
SAM will direct you to a screen showing each record's template. Use Print Preview to view each communication on a separate page as will happen for printing.
Edit Template - Modify the Template through the Designer.
Tip: If you open this link in a new tab/window, you can make changes to the template, then refresh the output screen to see changes.
Return to Report - Allows users to go back to the report to make changes or not print letters.
Enter a Communication Record - Add a communication record in each record's file that this letter was printed on the current date. Without following this step, a Communication will not be entered in the record's Communication section.
Export Email Addresses
Pull email addresses for or related to records on a report to use in a separate program.
1. Open the Report > Options > Export Email Addresses.
2. Confirm or modify the settings for Records/Entities to Exclude from the Email Export.
By Default, most reports are setup to exclude records where "Opt Out of Email/Mass Mailings" = Yes, but there may be others. Review the View Records Matching this Criteria link
3. Place a checkmark next to the email address(es) you want to export.
You can choose those for the primary entity/record or an entity associated with the primary entity.
4. Copy all of the email addresses inside the text box and then paste them into another program.
7. You can choose to end here, or select Enter a Communication Record or Return to the Report.
If you choose Enter a Communication Record from everyone listed here, SAM will prompt you to enter a Subject and Body. This message will be stored in the Communications link on the exported email address's record.
Return to the Report, will direct you back to the Report that you began working on.
Though you requested multiple entities and several email address options, only those that have been entered will show. Ensure that the entity actually has the requested data input, then try to export again.
Export to Excel
Bulk Update Records
At times you may need to update multiple records with a particular value for one or more fields. SAM allows you to update multiple records through a report.
1. Pull a report with the records to be updated. In our example, we'll be updating the Inquiry Info Packet Sent Date to a specific date for all records where the "Inquiry Info Packet Sent Date" is blank.
2. Click Options > Bulk-Update Records.
3. Click Add Fields on the Bulk Update - Select Field Values screen.
4. Select the Table and Field that you want to update, then give the field a value. SAM will prompt with a corresponding Value box for the type of field to be updated.
Bulk Update Records from another Field
Alternatively, you can bulk update a field from another field's entry. Use the gear icon to select another field.
The field on the left side of the equation will be updated from the right side.
5. Add more field values, if needed. Click the red 'x' to delete a row.
6. Click Save.
7. SAM will display all records that will be affected and the field value/update that will be applied.
8. Enter Memo will allow you to include a title/memo or reason for doing the Bulk Update. This memo is available through the Bulk Update Report, which is accessible on the Home Page under the Administrative (Brown sectioned) reports.
9. Click Confirm. SAM will display a pop-up box saying: "Your Bulk-Update was successful." Click Ok, Close.
Limitations to Bulk Update
1. Encrypted fields cannot be updated through Bulk Update.
2. The same field cannot be updated more than once at the same time.
Edit this Report
Open Report Builder for the Report you are accessing to modify or create new reports.
Add Report Stat
Add a Report Stat to the top of this report to quickly filter and see calculations about the records shown on the report.
Bulk Insert Records
This option allows you to insert sub-records to the Main Entities / Records on a report.
Examples when you might use this feature:
- You have a list of families that attended a class > Insert a Parent Education record
- A group has new document requirements > Insert the Document record
- Access the Report > Options > Advanced Options > Bulk-Insert Records.
- Select the table for the sub-records you'll be adding.
- Select the fields and values that will be given to each record. Press Save.
- Confirm the Records affected. Press Confirm.