Form changes are made with Form Customizer. Allow ample time to test, make modifications to layout, and email notifications before going live; at least one month prior to an event. Consider the user's experience when completing the form.
- Fields on the form
- What fields do you want answered on the form? Rename or change the Public Form Field Title.
- What fields are required?
- Messaging and Instructions to Users - Space is available at the top and bottom of each form for text to share information with users of your form. We recommend sharing:
- How and why to use the form.
- Contacts for your organization.
- What the user will expect after submission.
- How to pay (if applicable).
- Thank the user.
- Multi-Part Forms - For long forms, consider breaking up the form into multiple parts. Decide where you want the breaks to be and set each form to direct to the next part. You can find this under Advanced Options > Form Properties. If you already have a long form, use Create New Form from this One and delete parts of each form you won't need to save time. We like to maintain the lengthy version for backup.
- User Login/Password - We recommend password logins for long forms like Applications or Questionnaires, where basic information has previously been entered and a record has been created for the form user.
- Upload Documents - external users can upload documents, which will be stored in the Documents link on the record's sidebar. Photo Upload fields should be changed to Document Upload fields if a full size image is required for reference.
- Form Submission
- Where do you want the user to be directed to?
- Who should be notified via when the form is submitted? A simple email with a link to the SAM record will be provided to the email(s) listed. More complex notifications can be setup via Auto Actions.
- What fields would you like to be automatically entered?
- Create a new Case or Use Existing Case
- Styling - Add your logo and contact details or modify the header/footer windows to make the form look like your website.