You can create various forms in SAM. If you want to create a new form from scratch, you will create a new form.
- Settings > Form Customizer > Create New Form on sidebar.
- Choose the Main Record (Example: Family, Child, Organization, etc)
- Choose the table the form should be based from.
- Name the form and select if it will be view/edit and the orientation. Press Save.
- Begin adding fields to the form.
Create New Form from Existing
This feature allows you to duplicate a form. This may be useful to break a form into parts or to reorganize a form for data entry vs. view, but maintain the same fields.
- Open the Form Customizer view of the Form you want to duplicate.
- Advanced Options > Really Advanced Options > Create new Form from this Form.
- Name the new form.
- Depending on the type of form you begin from, SAM will prompt you with different questions:
- Specify where a link to the new form will be located, or no link.
- Form Type - View and Edit, View Only, Edit Only
- Check if Public Form.
- Click Save. SAM will open the Form Customizer view of the new form.