Most fields can be renamed easily to better match your in-house terminology. But, some fields may:
- have connections/linking to other fields, for cases where Due Dates need to be entered
- be used in system configurations, such as Case Stage or Case Type to direct a Cover Page
- be naming conventions, ie, Prefix First Last or Name (1) - First Last
- be used for Modification History and Activity Tracking, such as "X Last Modified By, Date, Entered Date or Entered By"
View and understand the Field Properties for the field prior to making a field name change.
Tables can be moved under a new Parent Table, such as moving Communications or Documents under the Case, rather than under the Main Parent Entity. Sometimes you must go up/down the table hierarchy multiple times to get to the table you need. This is a huge database move. We suggest using the "Support" link in your site to ask our team about it.
Creating new fields for Person or Org Contact Info
Sometimes, you'll want to view contact details about a worker or other contact on a client record. Typically, there's not a need to create fields on a client record for "Case Worker Name", "Case Worker Email", "Case Worker Phone, etc, but rather a Person or Organization's contact information can be referenced from the client record.
- Create a Big-Search List or Drop-Down List linked to Persons or Organizations
- Follow the setup instructions to retrieve details from the Main Entity table for that record type. Instructions for making this setup are found through Sibling Table Setups.
If you have already created redundant fields, we have a procedure to convert the data over to the correct records, including matching existing records.
Good Rule of Thumb
If you didn't create it, don't move it or rename it. This will make it easier for Inreach Solutions' team to help you. Instead, use the support link in your SAM site and give us a link to the field/table/form and we'll be happy to give you some advice.
Deleting will remove from SAM for good, so be cautious when using this option.