Let us be honest, this guide is not for the faint of heart! This is for more complex setups and our support team will use this based on your requests if needed.
Sibling-Table Setup for Refed List-Table
This function allows Big-Search-List fields linked to another Main Entity to include details from the Main Entity's table under another table.
Examples in SAM Case Worker - Person fields available on templates based on the Family table Add the Persons table fields to Family - References, to add new Person records
- Begin by accessing the form or field that you want. This will only work with fields that are connected to Parent Entities. Example, Case Worker > Person Record or Placing Agency/County > Organization Record.
- Open the field, then click Advanced Options.
- Click Sibling-Table Setup for Refed List-Table once. Click Ok, Close on the pop-up and the table associated with the field will be available for reports and templates to pull the details.
- You can see this table added to the hierarchy from Reports.
- Create New Table under one of the Entities
- Create a Field on the Table for the other Entity
- From the Table, click Advanced Options > Really Advanced Options > Linkup to Another Parent Table by Field
- Select the field you just created from the options
- Build forms from each entity's side
Multi-Record Grouping by Field (like Child Sibling Groups)
Record Grouping means that when you add a Multi-Record record which references a Main Record, the record will appear under both of them, just like the "Child Sibling Groups", which link up all the Children together and show all of them on each others forms. (Meaning it doesn't matter whose form the records are entered from.)
This is only for advanced users to setup/enable.
This is enabled by setting the "Advanced | Record Grouping Field" property on the Multi-Record Table. The Field must reference the same Main Entity Type as the Parent-Table, such as the "Organization" or "Child". Only for Multi-Record tables.
For example, to setup a "Branches" Multi-Record table under Organization that links all the Organizations together. Create the Multi-Record table and add a field "Branch" which is a Big-Search List of "Organization", then go to the Advanced Table Properties and set the "Advanced | Record Grouping Field" to use the "Branch" field.
Linking Entity Types with a Shared Multi-Record Table
You can create a shared Multi-Record Table, similar to Adoption or Placement Records, where multiple main entity types are linked together, like Family and Child.
To do this:
- Create the Multi-Record table under the first Main Entity Type.
- Copy the table to the Parent table that you want to connect. (From the Table Properties form > Advanced Option > Copy to Another Table)
- Create a Big-Search List (or Drop-Down List) field for each Main Entity Type, so you can link the records together.
- Open Field Properties for each Big Search List Field you just created > Advanced Options > Change the DB Column name to the Main Entity Type ID.
** InReach Solutions Support is needed to modify the DB Column name.
Create Under Case
If you want to organize the records per Case then still create it under the Main Entity Type and then copy it under the Case Table, using the "Copy under Another Parent Table" option under the Table Properties, and change the name to have a postfix like " per Case"
Adding records per Case:
When you setup the forms, choose the table under the Case table ( which is why its important to name these copies with " per Case" at the end). This will make it so that when you add new records they will be for the case that you are currently viewing. When you are selecting the second Main Entity Type (via the Big-Search List Field), then it will automatically link that record to their latest case. (The Details forms for Multi-Records under the Case have a special option in the Advanced Options to move them to another Case for the same Main Entity, so you could always move the records to other cases.)
These additional steps for adding records per Case are necessary because the Big-Search List field links to a Main Entity, and not their cases. By having the multi-record table copied under the Case table too, then SAM automatically links the latest Case for the Main Entity selected in the Big-Search List Field. (This is a default feature for all multi-record tables copied under the same Main Entity Type, so if you have a table like "Incidents" under Placements and copied under the Child, then it will automatically link to the latest Placement record, even if its added through a form based on the Child, and vice-versa, so you could see all the "Incidents" for a Child on one form without having to include the "Placements" table on the form.) "