A Big Search List links the record you're on to another Main record or to a searchable list to be the value of a field.
Common examples for linking to other Entity Types: Case Worker, Placing Agency, Home Study Agency and Child Location.
Examples of Lengthy Lists: DSM / ICD
This field type is typically shown with an edit link for entry and will show as a link for users to access the corresponding record.
Add / Edit List Filter to Big Search List Field
There may be many records for Big Search Lists, especially when linked to Persons or Organizations. Adding a filter reduces the records displayed and creates a more relevant search.
Example: Home Study Agency is Organization Type = Home Study Provider. In this situation, only Organizations where Organization Type = Home Study Provider will be displayed to a user.
1. Open Form Customizer for a Form where the field resides.
2. Click on the name of the field.
3. Click Advanced Options > Edit List Filter to add/manage the filters. Existing filters will be shown if they have been applied.
4. Enter the Table, Field, Operator, and Value as prompted. Click Add Filter to include more than one filter. To remove a filter, click the red 'x' for the filter that to be discarded.
5. Click Save.
Add Record Form
Some of these fields may need a simple add form from the default add form.
Example: For Case Worker, you may only want to capture quick contact info vs their spouse, shipping address, etc.
- Open the Field Properties screen for the Big Search List.
- Advanced Options > Advanced Form Properties
- Enter the form you want to offer users in Big-Search-List Add Record Form