A Big Search List field links the record you're on to another Main record or a searchable list (example: DSM / ICD ) to be the value of a field. Common examples of Big Search Lists are: Case Worker, Placing Agency, Home Study Agency and Child Location.
Add / Edit List Filter to Big Search List Field
There may be many records within the List referenced, such as Persons or Organizations. Adding a List Filter will reduce the list items and create a more relevant search.
Example: Home Study Agency is Organization Type = Home Study Provider. Only Organizations where Organization Type = Home Study Provider will be displayed to a user entering Home Study Agency.
- Open the Form Customizer View of a Form where the field resides.
- Click on the name of the field.
- Click the 'edit' icon at the lower right hand corner of the List Filter Section. Existing filters will be shown if they have been applied.
- Enter the Table - Field - Operator - Value, as prompted. This mirrors the search criteria for Reports. Click "Add Filter" to include more than one filter.
- Click Save.
To remove a filter, click the red 'x' for the filter that to be discarded.
Add Record Form
Some of these fields may need a simple add form from the default add form. Example: For Case Worker, you may only want to capture quick contact info vs their spouse, shipping address, etc.
- Open the Field Properties screen for the Big Search List.
- Advanced Options > Advanced Form Properties
- Enter the form you want to offer users in Big-Search-List Add Record Form