For agencies serving multiple programs relevant fields and sidebar links can be displayed to users relevant to that program. Eliminating information overload and details that don't pertain to the service at hand.
Example: International vs Domestic adoption, Foster Care vs Adoptive Children; Birth Mother Adoption vs Pregnancy Counseling.
SAM is setup by default with Cover Page Redirects enabled on Family and Child entities using Family - Case Type and Child - Child Current Program fields.
Enable Cover Page Redirect
Determine which field will be the designator for the Entity/Record type. Only one field can only be designated on the Parent Entity/Table or the Case table. The field type can only be a List or Radio-button List, where a single value is selected. It cannot be a Checkbox - List Field Type.
1. Open the Field Properties screen for the field to be designated. Or, create a new field.
2. Click Advanced Options from the side bar.
3. Click Set as Cover Page Redirect-Field.
4. A pop-up will open, stating:
"Information: This field and its list have now been enabled as the Cover Page Redirect-Field. You can now choose a Form for each of the list items of this field, through the regular Edit List section."
Click Ok, Close.
5. Open the list to specify which Cover Page should be used for each List Item. The list will now have a new attribute of Cover Page Form.
7. Click the 'edit' icon for the list item to select the coordinating Cover Page Redirect form.
8. Select the Cover Page to attribute, then click "Save".
NOTE: Only Forms set as Cover Pages are shown in this list.
Forms can be set as a Cover Page under Advanced Form Properties, or Create New Form From Existing from an existing Cover Page.
Records will be redirected to the new Cover Page with the proper selection.
Add Case Link
When new Cover Pages are added, a connection must be made for the "Add New Case" link, which is shown under Advanced Options.
To manage the Add New Case link:
1. Access the Form Customizer view of the form you want the Add New Case link added to.
2. Click Advanced Options > Really Advanced Options > Advanced Form Properties
3. Select the form you want to link on the "Add Case" Form field.
Disable Cover Page Redirect
1. Open the Form Customizer View of a Form where the field resides. Alternatively, you can follow: Settings > Tables and Fields > "Select the Table where the Field resides".
2. Click on the name of the field.
3. Click "Advanced Options" from the side bar.
4. Click "UN-Set as Cover Page Redirect-Field".
5. A pop-up window will open, stating: "This field has been DISABLED as the Cover Page Redirect-Field." Click "Ok, Close".
The list will no longer contain the Cover Page Redirect attribute. All records will open to the Default Cover Page.
To Find the Existing Cover Page Redirect Field
If the "Set as Cover Page Redirect-Field" is not available in the Advanced Options for a list field, then it means it is already enabled on a field.
- The Cover Page Redirect-Field can only be enabled on the Main Entity Table or the Case Table.
- Open the Table Properties screen for each of these Table and look under Advanced Table Properties section.
- This section will contain a field for "Cover Page Redirect-Field" if its enabled on the table.