Home Study records track the initial home study and home study updates without losing history of each home study record.
- Open a Family/Foster Family record.
- Click Home Studies on the side bar.
Key Fields on the Home Study record
- HS Type - sets as initial or updated home study
- HS Packet Sent Date - date information is sent to the client about the home study process and document collection. Enter this date when a home study record is added. Use this date to notify client/staff that expiring documentation needs to be prepared for updated home studies.
- HS Worker Assigned Date - date a HS Worker is linked to a home study record. Can be used as start date for calculating the home study process.
- HS Complete / Approved Date - date HS Worker is finished working on this home study.
- HS Expiration Date - date by which the home study update must be rewritten by.
Checklists for Home Study Documents
Create a Checklist section based on the Home Study table, so the document's received date and upload field can be recorded for each Home Study.
We recommend having separate checklist sections for staff actions, documents and home study updates. different groups of documents to keep the checklists manageable
- documents required for Updated Home Studies. Use the HS Type as criteria to distinguish the Initial Home Study Document Checklist vs Updated Home Study Document Checklist.
Home Study Updates
For each updated home study, create a new Home Study record. Auto Actions can certainly be used to enter new Home Study records.
Let's use an example with dates.
|Initial Home Study||Updated HS 1||Updated HS 2|
|HS Packet Sent = 1/1/15||HS Packet Sent = 1/1/16||HS Packet Sent = 1/1/17|
|Docs Received = 1/1 - 2/1/15 expires 1/1 - 2/1/16||Docs Received 1/1 - 2/1/16 expires 1/1 - 2/1/17|
|HS Worker Assigned = 2/5/15||HS Worker Assigned = 2/5/16|
|HS Complete Date = 3/5/15||HS Complete Date = 3/5/16|
|HS Expiration Date = 3/5/16||HS Expiration Date = 3/5/17|