The Child's Current Location is a section on the Child's Cover Page which shows the child's current physical location at the current time in SAM.
Change the Current Location
- Open Child Location Timeline from the side bar in the child's form.
- Click Add Child location Timeline on the following screen.
- Click the edit link next to Location to add.
- Search for an entered location by typing the name.
- Add a new location
- Enter a special option; such as Unknown, Runaway, or Supervised Independent Living.
- Enter the arrived date and any notes needed. Leave the left date empty is the child is still currently at that location. When the child leaves, enter the left date.
- Press save when finished.
The child's current location will change with different situations...
- If a Birth Mother is entered into the system before the child is entered, the Child's Original and Current location will become the Birth Mother's address/location once the child is entered if no other location is added.
- Once a child is adopted and the Child Arrives Home Date is entered, the child's current location will become the Adoptive Family location/address.
Current Placement - shown on Child Cover Page | Foster Care, which shows the latest placement record"