Email Importing must be enabled and setup with your email server details to function, as will each SAM user that you want Email Importing to run for. It may be necessary to contact your IT person to get the Mail Server details.
Setup/enable Email Importing for SAM:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Email Importing Settings.
- Click Edit Email Importing Settings from the side bar.
- Check the box for Automatic Email Importing Enabled.
- Enter the Mail Server which should be something like imap.gmail.com. Some servers require SSL (encrypted connection), so if your email server requires this, check the box for Mail Server Requires SSL.
- Enter Email Address to Exclude, which might include user's personal/home emails.
- Entering Domain Names to Exclude is only necessary if you enable email importing on Person or Organization by Matching Email Address. *
- Enter a Cutoff Date for how long in the past SAM will search for emails to import.
- Entity Specific Email Importing Options - Check the boxes for each of the entities that you would like to search emails for. If you do not communicate, or want Email Importing enabled for some of the entities, uncheck the appropriate boxes. This will enhance performance.
- Setup and enable Email Importing for each user.
Email importing for Organization and Person by Matching Email Address is disabled by default due to the risk of importing inter-agency or other sensitive emails. If you enable these option you must be sure to have all your email domain names entered into the Domain Names to Exclude field and personal email addresses entered into the Email Addresses to Exclude field.
Please Note: The first run of Email Importing may take several hours.
We recommend enabling email importing for new users on a Friday afternoon, as it can take up to several days to index all emails in a user's account and slow down your email server.