Things to know before you begin:
- These settings must be entered to allow all users to send emails and prior to enabling Auto Actions that email notifications from SAM.
- It is recommended for users to input their individual User Email Sending Settings, but when they don’t, the default settings will be used.
- These settings need to be updated when the username or password is changed or if there's a transition of SAM Admins.
- The default email address that you choose to "send from" will probably get quite a few replies from the families who get automated emails. You may not want an employee's direct email account to be the default, but rather a generic firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com email address. When setting up a new auto action, you will have the option to change the "reply to" settings at that time.
- The User for default email account will receive pop-up alerts in SAM to confirm Auto Action emails unless the setting is changed in the Auto Action setup.
- Your default email sending settings are crucial to the proper functioning of SAM, so you should update these settings as soon as possible if you receive an alert that your default email sending settings are not working.
Enter your default email sending settings
- Click Settings from the sidebar of the Home Page > Default Email Sending Settings.
- Enter the requested information. Your IT Network Administrator will be able to provide you with SMTP Server Settings. (scroll down for common settings, but check with your IT person to be sure)
- Once the info is entered and saved, an email will be sent to confirm the settings to the email address entered.
Common SMTP server settings
Your IT Network Administrator will be able to provide you with specific SMTP server settings.
|Provider||SMTP Server||Port Number|
|Office 365||smtp.office365.com||587(SSL required)|
|Google Suite||smtp.gmail.com||465 (SSL required)|
|1 and 1||smtp.1and1.com||587(SSL required)|
Don't Forget! Reset the password when changes happen.
Testing the Default settings
To test, click Advanced Test Email Sending Settings on the sidebar, follow the prompts to send an email to yourself. If you do not receive an email, then you'll need to reset the password for the email account.
SAM passes emails to your server via SSL (encryption) when your Email Server supports SSL and you've entered those settings in Default Email Sending Settings. Once SAM passes the email to your Email Server, the security of the email is beyond SAM's scope.