The merge process moves over all sub-records stored under the Main record to the Merge-To record, such as "Cases" and "Communications", and then deletes the "Merge From" record.
Information on the main entity tables (such as the Family table) will not carry over from the Merge-from record to the Merge-To record, so use the Merge-To record with the most accurate and complete information.
How to merge records in SAM:
- Identify which record has the latest or most information. This is the "Merge To" record.
- Copy any data from the "Merge From" record that doesn't exist on the Merge To record that you want to keep. Case table data and other sub-record data will be added to the Merge To record.
- Open the Cover Page of the Record that you want to "Merge From" and DELETE.
- Click Advanced Options > Merge Record. The "Merge Entities" popup will open.
- Enter the ID of the Record you want to delete into the Merge To field.
- Click Save, then Confirm the Merge. You will now have a single record with additional cases and other sub-record.