The merge process moves over all sub-records stored under the Main record to the "Merge To" record, such as "Cases" and "Communications", and then deletes the "Merge From" record.
Information on the non-case tables (such as the Family table) will not carry over from the merge-from record to the merge-to record. It's assumed that the merge-to record has the most accurate and complete information on these non-case tables. For example, the Family Name from the merge-from record won't move onto the merge-to record.
- Identify which record has the latest or most information, the "Merge To" record.
- Manually copy data from the "Merge From" record that doesn't exist on the "Merge To" record. Only data on the Main record will be deleted. You don't have to copy over any "Case" table data or any other sub-record data.
- Open the Cover Page of the Record that you want to Delete ("Merge From").
- Click Advanced Options > Merge Record. The "Merge Entities" popup will open.
- The "Merge To" drop down list should automatically select the duplicate record. If not, then select it at this point.
- Click Save, then Confirm the Merge. SAM will create additional cases and other 1:Many records entered under the Main Entity. In this example, the Family Record now has two cases.