The merge process moves over all sub-records stored under the Main record to the Merge-To record, such as Cases and Communications, and then deletes the "Merge From" record.
When merging records, SAM will maintain values for data on the Merge FROM (and Delete) record over to the Merge TO record when the Merge TO record is blank, so users do not need to copy/paste. This is specific to the Main Entity table. Should a value be entered for a field on both records, SAM will not update the field on the Merge TO record, so be sure to review the data and copy/paste what you want to preserve.
How to merge records in SAM:
- Identify which record has the latest or most information. This is the "Merge To" record.
- Copy any data from the "Merge From" record that doesn't exist on the Merge To record that you want to keep. Case table data and other sub-record data will be added to the Merge To record.
- Open the Cover Page of the Record that you want to "Merge From" and DELETE.
- Click Advanced Options > Merge Record. The "Merge Entities" popup will open.
- Enter the ID of the Record you want to delete into the Merge To field.
- Click Save, then Confirm the Merge. You will now have a single record with additional cases and other sub-record.