Checklists allows your workflow to be digitized. Checklists reminder users of upcoming tasks, document collection, due dates and who's Responsible for each task. Checklists are customizable and setup by Full Admins.
Through My Tasks, users can:
- Change the time frame for which tasks are presented.
- Access the record by clicking on the name.
- Access the Checklist by clicking on the name of the task.
- Access the Checklist Item by clicking the grey edit link.
- Review the Due Date. Tasks shown in red are past due.
- Mark the task as complete by clicking the green checkmark. This marks the completed date as the current date.
Access a Checklist A Record's Checklist is located on their Cover Page via the Checklist link on the side bar. For Adoption Programs: The Case, Adoption and Child Checklists are linked together to make it easier to follow the events of the adoption.
- Case : events not specific to a single adoption, which typically happen to the case before a family is committed to the child.
- Child : events that happen to the child before a family is committed to the child or for children in Foster Care or other programs that do not also relate to a Family record
- Adoption : After Commitment Date is entered, when an Adoption record is created in SAM for Family/Child related tasks. Cases with more than one adoption will have a checklist for each child adopted.
When viewing a child checklist, the Adoption Checklist will be shown below the child checklist if a family has committed to the child. When viewing an adoption checklist, the Case Checklist will be shown above it.
Using a Record's Checklist
The Checklist screen will show tasks divided into sections. The side bar presents options to modify the Checklist for the record. View Checklist Configuration shows how the Checklist is setup by Admins. The Completed Date field can be entered by using the green checkmark for entering the current date or by clicking the edit link on the Checklist Item. Fields that can be modified by the user can be changed by clicking on the field or the edit link, -Or- by clicking the gear icon for the Checklist Item.
Documents can be associated to Checklists to track case documentation with other tasks needing to be completed. Documents uploaded through Checklists are shown under Documents for the record. NOTE: if a Document is uploaded through Documents or a Document Upload field, the document will not be linked to Checklists, even if the Document type is associated with a Checklist Item. A document icon will be shown next to the Checklist Item when displayed for the record.
Upload Documents through Checklists
- 1. Click the Grey Document Icon.
- Select the Document to upload.
- Click Save.
- The Document icon will turn blue to represent the document has been collected.
Modify Documents uploaded through Checklists
- Click the edit link next to the Document File link.
- Click Save.
Document for Download
You can put a document for the client to download on their checklist. When a document is put on the checklist for download, this icon will appear on the checklist configuration:
How to get it set up:
- Click on the gear to the right of the circled arrow
- Scroll to the section titled "Client Settings"
- Find the item titled "Document for Download"
- Click on "Choose File" to save the file in SAM you want clients to download
- To remove or change the file, click "upload new/Replace Existing" link next to "Open Document"