My Tasks on the Home Page
Through My Tasks users can:
- Access the record by clicking on the name.
- Access the checklist by clicking on the name of the task.
- Access the checklist item by clicking the grey edit link.
- Mark the task as complete by clicking the green check mark. This marks the completed date as the current date.
Full Admins can see other users checklist Items/tasks from the My Tasks section by selecting another user's name from the drop down list located at the top of the My Tasks section.
Access a record's checklist
A record's checklist is located on the side bar of their cover page.
How users work a checklist
Checklists show tasks divided into sections after they have been configured by SAM Admins.
Users can enter the completed date by 1) using the green check mark for the current date or 2) clicking the edit link for the date column of the checklist item.
Documents are often associated to checklists. A folder icon will be shown next to these checklist Items. To upload a document:
- Click the grey folder icon.
- Select the document to upload and press save. The document icon will turn blue to represent the document has been collected.
Edit checklists by clicking the gear icon for the checklist item. Uploaded documents can be modified by clicking the edit link next to the document through this screen.
Add checklist items
Not all records fit within the checklist configuration created by SAM Admins - sometimes cases or clients have additional requirements or unique situations. Users can enter tasks with due dates for themselves to create reminders for a record.
After clicking Add Item, SAM will prompt users to:
- Select the section that you want the task/checklist item to appear in. You can select an existing section or create a new section through the Enter a New Custom Section Name.
- Title of the task/checklist Item or select a field in SAM, by clicking Select Existing Field. The layout will change to open a table, then field drop-down to select.
- Enter the due date and responsible employee if wanted. Click save.
Editing checklist items
Users can change checklist item names, enter the due and completed dates for items the user entered themselves. However, these users cannot modify the due date or responsible worker for checklist Items that are generated from the checklist configuration.
SAM Admins can add tasks and enter or edit the due date and the responsible user for checklist items that are entered from the checklist configuration.
When a case is closed or becomes inactive, checklist items will be shown until the "Due Date" is removed or the "Completed Date" is entered or "Show in My Tasks" is set to "No". Alternatively, SAM Admins can enable an Auto Action to clear due dates when a case closes. See this guide for more details.