Bulk emails are sent to recipients from a Report.
Once the report displays entities whom you want to communicate, you can begin the Bulk Email Setup.
- Click the Options link on the Report Toolbar > Send Bulk Email
- The next page displays filters set that exclude records from receiving the Communication. By Default, records that have an alert or have opted out of mass mailings are excluded. Click Save to continue or click Edit Filter to Include Others to adjust filters.
- You will be directed to the Select Email Fields screen. Place a check for the addresses to send to. Press Save. You can choose from various email address types. Depending on selections the receiver may get the same message to multiple email accounts. However, if only one email address type is chosen and a record does not have that email address entered, they will not receive the email.
- Confirm recipients. Delete a recipient using the red "x" next to the record or use your browser’s back button to add additional emails. Press save to continue.
- The next screen allows you to choose to utilize an email template or manually type an email.
- Send Bulk Email Using Template – choose this option and a list of available templates will open. Choose the template to use, then you will be directed to continue the bulk email setup. The template’s body will be shown in the subject and body sections. The templates shown reflect the tables included on your report.
- Manually Enter the Bulk Email Body – use this option to create an original email. You will be directed to the bulk email setup screen. You will have a blank subject and body to key your message.
7. Setup Bulk Email - This page has several sections for you to add/update information to process the bulk email event.
- Scheduled or Sent Immediately – setup the schedule for when to perform the bulk email. Enter the date and time for a Scheduled email.
- Interval – this allows you to send your email in specified intervals (example: 1 per 2 minutes) or to send emails continuously. Depending on the number of emails sent and the urgency of the email, an interval may work best, so your email server is not overwhelmed and you will be less likely considered a spammer by other systems. However, if an urgent message should be sent or there are only a few recipients, a continuous flow might work better.
- Send from Account – this allows the user initiating the email to have it sent from their email address or from a default system email account. You can also enter a reply to email address should it be different from the sent from address.
- Attachments – Up to five (5) attachments can be included.
- Misc Options - checkbox to omit the email from being added to Communications.
- Body Type - A checkbox to Send the Email as Plain Text and HTML is available when a Template is selected. Sending a plain text email eliminates all formatting. Sending Plain text and HTML will ensure the message is received, but will require more resources.
- Subject – the subject line for the email is required. It can be changed if using an email template.
- Body – You can design the email as you would any other email, changing colors, fonts, enter fields from SAM, links and images as needed. If you are starting from a template, changes can be made to the body here.
8. Press Save to continue.
You will be directed to the Bulk Email Details screen to review the email. Use the side bar to make changes to the Bulk Email. You can get back to this screen via Settings > Bulk Emails > Click Details link for Bulk Email you need to access.
- Edit Email - directs back to Setup Bulk Email screen to make changes.
- Edit Recipients - directs back to Confirm Recipients, so you can remove some if needed.
- View Recipients - directs to a screen with the Name of the Record link to SAM Record/Email, Success Status and Error Message.
- Stop/Suspend Email - terminates further processing of the bulk email. Once selected, the link changes to Activate/Resume Email to continue.