Bulk emails are sent to several recipients from a Report. Once all filters are applied and the report displays entities with whom you want to communicate, you can begin the Bulk Email Setup.
- Click the Options link on the Report Toolbar.
- Choose Send Bulk Email.
- The first screen will allow you to select filters to exclude records in the Communication. By Default, records that have an alert or have opted out of mass mailings are excluded from the bulk email. If however, an entity with these characteristics should be included in the communication, click Edit Filter to Include Others and remove the filters. Click Save to continue.
- You will be directed to the Select Email Fields screen. Determine which email or a combination of emails that will be communicated to and press save. If each email for a record is selected and an record has all entered, then an email will go out to each email address. The entity may get the message multiple times; however, if only one or a few are chosen and an entity on the report does not have that field entered, that entity will not receive the email.
- Confirm the recipients. You can delete a recipient using the red x next to the entity or use your browser’s back button to add additional emails. You can use the back button to go back to the report to alter the filters. Press save when you are ready to continue.
- The next screen allows you to choose to utilize an email template or manually type an email.
- Send Bulk Email Using Template – choose this option and a list of available templates will be brought up. Choose the template to use, then you will be directed to continue the bulk email setup. The template’s body will be shown in the subject and body sections. The templates shown reflect the tables included on your report - you usually won't see mult-record templates as an option.
- Manually Enter the Bulk Email Body – use this option to create an original email. You will be directed to the bulk email setup screen. You will have a blank subject and body to key your message.
7. Setup Bulk Email - This page has several sections for you to add/update information to process the bulk email event.
- Scheduled or Sent Immediately – setup the schedule for when to perform the bulk email. If you choose Scheduled, enter the date and time, if you choose Immediately, the email will be sent as soon as the setup is complete.
- Interval – this allows you to send your email in specified intervals (example: 1 per 2 minutes) or to send one by one continuously. Depending on the number of emails sent and the urgency of the email, an interval may work best, so the email server is not overwhelmed and you will be less likely considered a spammer by other systems. However, if an urgent message should be sent or there are only a few recipients, a continuous flow might work better.
- Send from Account – this allows the user initiating the email to have it sent from their email address or from a default system email account. You can also enter a reply to email address should it be different from the sent from address.
- Attachments – allows you to add attachments to the email. Up to five (5) attachments can be included.
- Misc Options - checkbox to omit the Bulk Email Communication for the records. A Bulk Email Details Link will be available to access the Bulk Email.
- Body Type - For Manual Emails, SAM offers a radio button selection for how to send the email: HTML, Plain Text or Own Custom HTML Based. It's recommended to send informative emails as Plain Text because some email clients do not accept HTML. A checkbox to Send the Email as Plain Text and HTML is available when a Template is selected. Sending a plain text email eliminates all formating. Sending Plain text and HTML will ensure the message is received, but will require more resources.
- Subject – the title for the email. This is required and can be changed if using an email template.
- Body – this section is for your message. You can design the email as you would any other email, changing colors, fonts, etc. You can also enter fields from the system, links and images as needed. If you are starting from a template, you can make changes to the body as needed.
8. Press Save to continue. You will be directed to the Bulk Email Details screen to review the event. Use the side bar to make changes to the Bulk Email. You can get back to this screen via Settings > Bulk Emails > Click Details link for Bulk Email you need to access.
- Edit Email - directs back to Setup Bulk Email screen to make changes.
- Edit Recipients - directs back to Confirm Recipients, so you can remove some if needed.
- View Recipients - directs to a screen with the Name of the Record link to SAM Record/Email, Success Status and Error Message.
- Stop/Suspend Email - terminates further processing of the bulk email. Once selected, the link changes to Activate/Resume Email to continue.