Child Location Timeline (CLT) is updated:
1. When a Child Location Timeline record is added manually by a user.
2. When a user enters Child - Original Location
SAM will enter a Child Location Timeline record with Child Location matching Original Location and Arrived at Location Date = Care Admitted Date or the current date, If Care Admitted Date is empty. Care Dismissed Date does not update the Child Location Timeline - Left Location Date.
3. When a child’s current location is updated, a CLT record is created.
Vice versa, when a Child Location Timeline record is added, the Current Location fields will be updated.
4. When a Placement record for foster care is entered.
Child Location Timeline can also be used apart from a Placement Record in situations where the Child is not placed, but your agency is providing Respite only and not a foster home placement.
Current Location is updated when a Placement
Placement records should be added with care, as the Child Location Timeline doesn't update with changes to dates, so both the placement and CLT records will need to be maintained for data entry.
5. When a Child Location Timeline record is added for respite or other transition during placement.
Child location timeline provides information on the child’s moves during a Placement. This can include Respite, detention, AWOL or other status.
When a new Child Location Timeline record is created that contains the arrived and left dates, SAM will automatically enter an additional record to show that child as returning to the Placement location.
6. When Child Arrived Home Date is entered on an adoption record.
The Adoptive Family or Organization will be entered on the Child Location Timeline as the Location and Arrived at Location Date = Child Arrived Home Date. Current Location Address fields are updated when the address is present on the linked record. If not, SAM will not update these fields later.
When a child’s location is entered as an organization, the Organization record will undergo some changes. The Child's record will be recorded in the ‘Children At Location History’ link in the sidebar. The child history will show all children who have ever resided at a location.
Delete Child Location Timeline
- Click ‘Advanced Options’ from the sidebar of the Placement Detail form or the Child Location Timeline History
- Click the ‘Delete One of the Child Location Timeline’ link.
- A red ‘x’ will appear to the right of each Child Location Timeline.
- Click the red ‘x’ on the record you want to delete.
- Confirm your selection and the Child Location Timeline record will be deleted.
Child Original Location
The Child Original Location is where the child is the first knowledge of the child's location. This group of fields are most often used for International Adoption to track the Orphanage or group home the child is residing.
A Child Location, such as an orphanage or a foster home should be entered separately from a child using the Organization records. The Child Original Location address fields will be updated from the address on this Organization record. However, City, State/Region and Country can be entered by themselves without selecting a Child Location if no other information is known.
Child Original Location State and/or Country are required entries for the Post-Adoption Report Schedule.