The Child Original Location and Care Admitted Date will auto-enter the first record for Child Location Timeline's Child Location and Arrived at Location Date. Each time the child’s current location is updated, the history is stored in the timeline.
What causes the location to appear?
When a child’s location is entered as an organization, the Organization record will undergo some changes. The Child's record will be recorded in the ‘Children At Location History’ link in the sidebar. The child history will show all children who have ever resided at a location.
Child Location Timeline for Foster Care
Child location timeline provides information on the child’s moves during a Placement. This can include Respite, detention, AWOL or other status.
Child Location Timeline can be used apart from a Placement Record in situations where the Child is not placed, but you are providing Respite or to track the Child during adoption.
Respite Using Child Location Timeline
Users should enter:
- Arrived at Location Date and Left Location Dates
- Status as Respite
- Respite Payment to allows you to pay the Foster Family vs the Respite Provider.
- Respite - Daily Payment Amount Override in special circumstances where Respite Rate from Rate History or the Default Respite rate are modified.
Auto Fill Child Location Timeline
When a new Child Location Timeline record is created that contains the arrived and left dates, SAM will automatically enter an additional record to show that child as returning to the Placement location.
Delete Child Location Timeline
- Click ‘Advanced Options’ from the side bar of the Placement Detail form or the Child Location Timeline History
- Click the ‘Delete One of the Child Location Timeline’ link.
- A red ‘x’ will appear to the right of each Child Location Timeline.
- Click the red ‘x’ on the record you want to delete.
- Confirm your selection and the Child Location Timeline record will be deleted.