There are two important roles that make implementing and maintaining your SAM system work at it's peak:
Inreach Solutions' Role
- We schedule training with SAM Admins on how to use SAM and implement the system based on conversations about your programs. We'll also come up with solutions and ideas for your programs and wish lists.
- We provide data migration strategy, provide guidance on mapping and final import.
- Provide work to resolve support requests received through the Support link in SAM.
Client's Role (SAM Admins)
- Set SAM Admins and an implementation team for SAM for your organization. Be ready to train these staff, possibly multiple times over various topics.
- Familiarize yourself with the Get Started Guide.
- Determine the goals for your agency and each program for using SAM.
- What will make the staff and social worker’s job easier?
- What will make the director’s role easier?
- Create a workflow that explains your process of working with a client. Section your workflow in phases.
- Gather all forms used in servicing a client from entry to closure for each program. Connect these forms with the workflow phases.
- Build templates that will be used to communicate with clients.
- Review all form changes by Inreach Solutions timely (within 2 weeks of completion), play with further form layout via Form Customizer.
- Map fields in preparation for data migration and approval the final migration. Learn more about our Data Migration process.
- Rollout to staff – SAM Admins train staff, specifically to their role/program, explaining what forms, modules, and reports will be used.
We recommend introduction to SAM in phases, allowing for a week or so between phases for questions.
Listen to staff feedback. Take notes and share with Inreach Solutions. Continual improvements will happen throughout use of SAM.
Don't skimp on training
It is critical for all SAM users to be trained in order for them to feel comfortable and help minimize resistance to change. Consider SAM Lead training, as well as on-going training. It is important to provide training for new hires joining your organization. Users must be knowledgeable and confident in the features and functions in the software in order for your organization to realize the full benefits. Training works best in small, targeted groups of users with similar roles.
It may be necessary to make changes to your established routines in order to make the best use of SAM and take advantage of the efficiencies you hope to gain. In some cases, SAM may need to be further developed to support your processes.
Ask and we'll strategize to determine the best solution.