The Schedule Auto Action trigger activates SAM to search for records that match specific criteria on a recurring basis. This is a powerful way to have SAM keep an eye out in the background for important notifications and data update tasks that would normally fall to your team.
Examples of scheduled Auto Actions:
- Once a week, email the foster care coordinator a report of discharges
- Every morning at 8:00 am, look for staff licenses that will expire within 30 days and put an alert on their Person record,
- Every month, set Family requires with "Inquiry" status to "Closed" if no communications have been entered during the past 45 days.
- Every week on Sunday night, if the Home Study is expiring within a month, create an alert "home study expiring."
Create a scheduled Auto Action:
- Click "create a new Auto Action" from the sidebar
- Name the Auto Action and click Save
- Select the trigger type: Schedule
- Select the Schedule Frequency: Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly
- Set the precise timing depending on the schedule frequency, such as 8:00 am
- Select the entity table (Person, Family, Child, etc. - click the plus sign to get more detailed)
- Add your filters to tell SAM exactly what the criteria is to trigger the action (such as when a case worker's license is expiring with 90 days)
- Select your Action (send an email, add an alert, etc.) and Save.
- Click the "View Records Matching this Criteria" button on the Auto Action Details form to ensure your criteria is selecting the correct records.