The Schedule Auto Action trigger activates SAM to search for records that match specific criteria on a recurring basis. This is a powerful way to have SAM keep an eye out in the background for important notifications and data update tasks that would normally fall to your team.
Examples of Scheduled Auto Actions:
- Once a week, email the foster care coordinator a report of discharges
- Every morning at 8:00 am, look for staff licenses that will expire within 30 days and put an alert on their Person record
- Every month, set Family requires with "Inquiry" status to "Closed" if no communications have been entered during the past 45 days.
Create A Scheduled Auto Action:
- Follow steps 1-7 in this guide
- Select the Schedule Frequency: Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly
- Set the precise timing depending on the schedule frequency, such as 8:00 am.
- Once the schedule is selected, enter the Trigger Criteria to refine the records affected by the Auto Action.