Emails, phone calls, in person meetings, faxes, etc. can all be tracked in one place, SAM!
A communications link is accessible from the sidebar of all record cover pages.
Communications are added one of four ways:
- Manual Entry
- Email Templates or Bulk Emails from SAM
- Invoice/Receipts sent from SAM
- Email Importing
The communication overview form provides a brief of all communications entered for the record.
Communications are listed in chronological order with the most recent at the top. To view/edit the details of a communication, click the Details icon located at the bottom-right for each communication.
Several fields on communications provide information:
- Communication Entered By/Date - who/when this communication was entered.
- Communication Entered through Form - when manually entering a communication,
- User Initiated - set as yes entered when communication sent via an Auto Action or Template. This field is available for entry when a user manually enters a communication record.
- Communication with Entity Type - entered as main entity when sent through Auto Action or Template. This entry can be adjusted when manually entering communications.
- Communication with Entity Name - entered as main entity when sent through Auto Action or Template. This entry can be adjusted when manually entering communications
- Imported Email - set as yes when imported through email importing
Add Communications Manually
- Click Communications from the sidebar of a record's cover page.
- Click Add Communications.
- Enter the appropriate fields, then click Save.
- Open the Communications Overview Form.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Delete one of the Communications. A red 'x' will appear next to each Communication.
- Click the x for the Communications to be deleted.
Email Templates or Bulk Emails from SAM
Users can send emails to clients/records by:
See the linked guides for how these work!
Invoice/Receipts sent from SAM
Users can send Invoices and Receipts to clients and the details of sending will be added to the record's communication record.
With email importing setup, users won't need to copy/paste emails manually. Please see these guides for setup: