There is no limit to the number of Users that can have access to SAM. Each staff accessing SAM should have their own Person record and unique login credentials. Login credentials should never be shared.
It is important to ensure users have appropriate Permissions to limit their access to information.
Add a New User
- Click Add Person from the sidebar of the Home Page or Persons Tab. Enter their name and set their Person Type as "Employee/Staff" and their Main Organization. Click Save to enter the new Person Record.
- Click Edit Login/Permissions on the sidebar of the Person's form.
- Check the box for Login Enabled. More options populate to set Permission Type, Report Menu, Username/Password, and Time Zone.
- Select the Permission Type from the list that the user should be granted access to.
- Enter temporary Username and Password, which become their Login Credentials.
- Click Save.
- Send the new user instructions to login and change their password.
- SAM Admins (users with Full Admin Permission Type) can view user logins from Security Center. If a user should no longer access SAM (ends employment, etc), Disable the Login immediately for security purposes. SAM Admins are responsible for this task.
- Users that have been provided access to your SAM system cannot be deleted.