There is no limit to the number of Users that can have access to SAM. Each staff accessing SAM should have their own Person record and unique login credentials. Multiple staff should not use the same login and credentials should never be shared.
It is important to ensure users have appropriate Permissions to limit their access to information.
Add a New User
- Click Add Person from the side bar of the Home Page or Persons Tab. Enter their name and set their Person Type as "Own Employee/Staff" and their Main Organization.
- Click Save to enter the new Person Record. Click Edit Login/Permissions on the side bar of the Person's form.
- Check the box for Login Enabled. More options populate to set Permission Type, Report Menu, Username/Password, and Time Zone.
- Select the Permission Type from the list that the user should be granted access to.
- Enter temporary Username and Password, which become their Login Credentials.
- Click Save
- This user should login and Change their temporary Login credentials to a secure username/password.
- SAM Admins (users with Full Admin Permission Type) will be able to view user logins from the Security Center. If a user should no longer access SAM (ends employment, etc), Disable the Login immediately for security purposes. Full Admins are responsible for this task.
- Users that have been provided access to your SAM system cannot be deleted.