SAM allows users to send invoices and receipts to Families or Organizations.
Access Invoice/Receipts for:
- Families through the Fees and Expenses (AR) link on Family Cover Page sidebar.
- Organizations via the Accounting Details sidebar link on the Organization's Cover Page.
The functionality for Receipts is quite similar to Invoices, so we’ll truncate that help to save you reading time!
Create an Invoice/Receipt
- Open a family's file (or Organization Record).
- Click Fees/Expenses or Accounting Details for Organization from the side bar.
- Click Invoices. SAM will display outstanding Invoices/Receipts, if available.
- Click Create New Invoice to start a new invoice. SAM will display outstanding unpaid Fees.
- Select the Fees to include on the Invoice. UnCheck fees to be excluded. There are Check All and Uncheck All links under the Save button for faster selection.
- Include Pay Online link is shown next to each fee (when Credit Card Processing is enabled), which allows recipients to pay that fee via a credit card online. Unselect as needed.
- Enter a single due date or select individual due dates for each fee posted on the invoice. Individual Fee Due Dates are pulled from each A/R record.
Fees which have a zero net amount or a partial payment are shown by default. Fees with a Receipt Sent Date, (fees previously sent a receipt), are excluded by default.
Click the Show All Fees link located below the Save button to select from all fees for the record.
Add a Template to Invoice/Receipt
SAM allows you to add a Template to the bottom of the Invoice, so you can include messaging to the recipient.
- Under the Save button, click Select Template to Append
- Select the Template from the list
- Make selections for adding a Page-Break Before Template and/or Template Shown Before Footer.
- Click Save.
Send an Invoice/Receipt
Once you've created an Invoice or Receipt, it's time to share it with a recipient. SAM can send via Email or Print (snail mail).
- Click Email Invoice from the side bar. SAM will prompt you to select email addresses for linked records with email addresses available. You also have options to enter To and BCC email addresses not on the record's file.
- Once you've selected the email addresses to send to, SAM will confirm. Review the "To" and "From" email addresses listed.
Cancel will stop the process of sending of the Invoice. However, the invoice will be created and available on the Unpaid Invoice screen.
This function will open the Print Preview Screen or Print function for your Internet browser. From there, print as normal.
SAM will not know you have sent the invoice from Print unless you also click "Mark as Sent". This will enter the Invoice Sent Date as the current date, and for Receipts, SAM will enter the Receipt Sent Date.
When an email is sent or the invoice/receipt is marked as sent, SAM will enter a record into the family's communication section for tracking.
Print without Header and Footer
This function prints the invoice, but removes the header and footer that have been designed.
Edit Invoice Configuration/Style
use this function to change the layout of the invoice: change margins, design/modify a header and footer for the invoice
DYMO Print Label for Shipping Address (if not exists then use main address)
DYMO Print Label for Home/Main Address
Delete an Invoice/Receipt
- Access the Invoice from the Invoice Details screen.
- Click Advanced Options from the side bar.
- Click Delete this Invoice. SAM will confirm your request through a pop-up. Once confirmed, SAM will direct you to the Unpaid Invoices Overview Screen.
Another way to access Invoices and receipts is through Settings > View all Invoices or View all Receipts. This is a full list of invoices/receipts sorted by the most recent invoice created.