Report Stats are displayed at the top of reports and are helpful to review a census of your clients, as well compute statistics (totals, averages, minimum, maximums) of the data. You can also use them to quickly filter your report on a specific category.
You can have multiple statistics per report. A link at the top left allows you to Show or Hide the row of Report Stats.
Add a Report Stat
There are three ways to add a Report Stat.
- Click edit on any Report Stat shown on the report, then click Add New.
- Click Options, then Add Report Stat.
- Access the Report Builder for the Report.
Report Stat Setup
SAM will present a pop-up window with selections and entries to make to setup the Report Stat.
Select the Table and Field on which you want to base this Report Stat. Only tables added to the report are shown in the list. To add more tables, return to the Report Builder > Advanced Options > Modify Tables included on Report.
Set a Title - This is optional, but allows you to better specify the information presented.
Special Date Options - This setting is only for Date fields and groups dates by the option you select. Example: Year, Quarter, Year-Month
Stat Types - SAM will calculate the record counts per field value and the percentage of total records. Totals, Totals-Percent, Average and Min & Max can be selected when an Aggregate Field is chosen.
Aggregate Field - This is optional, but selecting a field here will add an additional component to your calculations. SAM will only present fields that are number based fields, such as Currency or Number.
Order By - This determines the order from top to bottom that the values that make up the Report Stat are shown in. You can choose Field Title or Field Record Count anytime; the Aggregate Prefixed options will only work when an Aggregate field is selected. Select whether the Stat will be shown Ascending or Descending.
Misc Options - Check whether the Report Stat will be shown by Default on the Report. If unchecked, you will have to click "Show Report Stats" at the top of the report to show.
Select a number of records to show by default. If there are more values than the number selected here, SAM will display a link on the Report Stat to Show All "X" number of values.
Final Report Stat
This is how the selections above are shown on the Report. SAM is averaging the Response Time per Case Stage and showing the results in Descending order.
Using Report Stats
Click on any value to filter the Report by the records that make up that value. In this example, clicking Home Study will filter out all records except those families in the Home Study stage.
Click the edit link to change this Report Stat, Remove it or Add a new Report Stat to the Report.
Remove a Report Stat
- Click the edit link at the lower right corner of the Report Stat.
- Click Remove.
Alternatively, you can:
- Access the Report Builder through Options > Report Builder.
- Click Modify Report Stats.
- Click the Remove link next to the Report Stat you no longer wish to show.
- The greater the number of Report Stats on a form, the longer the form will take to load due to the calculations SAM is making. We recommend 3-4 per report, but there is no limit.
- Report Stats setup for Dates may best be shown using the Special Date options to group the dates into time frames; the information may be too cumbersome to manage if each individual date is represented.
- SAM Admins can setup Report Stats with Report Builder.