Your SAM system will be storing and collecting a lot of data. To make sense of this information in real time, you'll want to use SAM reports. As an admin, you'll be able to create reports for your team.
Before we dive into report creation though, it's a good idea to understand the ways your users can access and use reports:
- SAM reports show real-time information based on the filter criteria and fields on the report.
- Users can search and filter the report, use report stats, and exclude values without altering the actual report setup.
- There are many options from the report: you can open up records, send a bulk email, print or export the report, print address labels, and run a bulk update or bulk insert.
- Only users with Full Admin permission can edit and create new reports.
Now let's dive in and learn how to create a report.
- Report building is an iterative process and you can refine as you go.
- Knowing the purpose of the report before you start building will clarify and simplify the building process.
- When selecting tables for the report, keep it simple. You can only have one multi record table per report, otherwise it creates logical confusion and you'll see an error message.
- Reports almost always need filters, otherwise the information presented is overwhelming and in-actionable.
- Create one or more reports under Settings > Report Builder.
- Check out the guide on adding stats to reports.
- Customize your report menu.
- Make things easier for your team by creating one or more default report menus, such as one for caseworkers and another for program managers. Our guide on the Report Menu Builder tool will show you how!