Full Admins can create checklists that match your agency's workflow for each program and client type. These sections can be automatically entered when triggered by another fields, for example "Enter the Application Checklist Section when the Application is submitted."
Each Checklist Item is a date field in SAM. When used on Checklists, the field has attributes to set due date, responsible worker and document upload field associated with the Checklist Item.
Changes can be made to the Checklists Configuration at any time. Changes made do not effect Checklists that have already been triggered for a record.
Access Checklist Configuration
- Click Settings > Checklist Configuration.
- Select the Checklist to Edit.
Checklists are setup for each Entity, such as Child, Birth Parent, Person.
Family (Adoptive Family) uses the Case Checklist. The Adoption Checklist is the connection between Family and Child after Commit to Child/Family.
Side Bar Links on Checklist Configuration
Add Item - Build checklist items/tasks. Each item can set the responsible worker and response due date based off another field or checklist item.
Edit Item Order - Organize the order of Checklists Items. Move items between sections.
View Client Items - shows only the checklist items that are shared with clients.
Under Advanced Options
Remove Item(s) - delete an item from the Checklist.
Add Checklist Item
Select an Existing Section or Enter new Custom Section Name
Checklist Sections group similar Checklist Items. Each section can be presented timely and hidden once completed. New Sections will be added to the bottom of the Checklist, which can be reordered.
We recommend Checklist sections correspond to Case Stages or major processes in the client's program. Sectioning Checklist Items helps to not overwhelm staff with too many checklist items at once.
Select Existing Field or Create New Field
Choose a field to build the Checklist Item from existing fields in SAM. Select the table, then the field.
When creating a new field, select the table, then title the field. New fields created through Checklists are set as a Date Field Type.
Checklist Items can be shown on other forms for data entry. If a date field is shown on a form and also a Checklist, entry on one screen will be entry on both screens.
You can only select Tables that are 1 level up or 1 level down from the Checklist table. For Example, on the Case Checklist, you can not choose the "Post-Adoption Reports" table because it is under the Adoption table, which means that its 2 levels down from the Case table.
New Checklist Items will be added at the end of the chosen section.
Set a checklist item's due date based off another field or checklist item.
Set the response time in days (set in business days; excludes weekends and major US holidays), then enter the table and field which the time is calculated from. The Checklist Item's Due Date will be set from the Completed/Entered Date for the Response Time Calculated From field.
Set a SAM User to complete this task. When the task is upcoming/past due, it will be shown on the My Task section of this user's Home Page.
- Not Set - The Checklist Item will be added to the Checklist, but will not be presented on any user's My Task section.
- Select Specific Employee - select a user that has the Person Type field = Own Employee/Staff.
- Employee Set By Role - set by the role a user has with a client/record. Big Search List fields on the entity/record linked to Person records.
- Show in "My Tasks" on Home Page - this is selected by default, but can be unchecked to prevent this checklist item from being shown on a user's home page when upcoming or past due.
Document for Upload
There are three options in this section used to connect a Document for this Checklist Item.
- The option for Select Document Field connects the Checklist Item to a specific document upload field. The document upload field allows clients to upload this document to you and you can also use this field on other forms throughout the client record.
- If the field does not already exist, SAM allows you to Create a Document field right here.
There must be at least one Document Upload field on the Main Entity or Case table for this option to show up. If it does not, create a new field, then refresh the Checklist Item Configuration form.
- Select Document Type when you want to upload the documents collected for the record into SAM.
Documents uploaded on the Checklist will be added to Documents on the client's record. The Document Types available are managed through the Record's Document Type List.
Often the Document Type is redundant to the Checklist Item itself making it easily recognized in the records' Documents. The edit link to the right of Document Type drop box is convenient to modify the Document Type list.
Shown for Clients
This section allows the checklist item to be shown on a Public Form based on the Checklist, so the client can upload documents and complete items in a checklist format.
- Document for Download allows you to provide a link to a Document the checklist user would need to download, complete and then upload.
- Form to Use links the user to another Public Form to complete specific details for data entry.
- Memo/Instructions for Clients allows you to add more information to a checklist item to help the user with completing the task as you require.
NOTE: This section is only available systems that have Public Forms.
Checklist Item Criteria
Set specific criteria which must be entered on a record for the checklist item to be shown.
Conditions are helpful if your programs have different response times or workers, or if the Checklist Item should only be presented on a record in the instance where the condition is met. These are suggestions, as the options are endless here.
Click the "Add" link on the Checklist Item Criteria section, then use the Table - Field - Operator - Value prompts to provide logic for the specific circumstances that this Checklist Item will apply.
Modify a Checklist Item
The built checklist will be shown on the Checklist Configuration screen. To edit a Checklist Item, click the gear icon for the task to be modified.