Checklists are one of the most powerful SAM tools because of their ability to automate and standardize processes within your organization.
Checklists clearly show who is responsible for each item, when it is due, and what is required.
By now you've identified at least one process that happens over and over again, like home studies. These processes are perfect candidates for checklists! Your assignment is to configure a checklist section for one process within your main program.
"Check" out the video below to learn more:
- Checklists capture the who, what, when, and how of your program stages.
- All SAM sites start with blank checklist configurations, as they are unique to each agency.
- The work you've done on your case stages and processes should naturally lead to creating your program checklists, since these are tasks done with each client.
- Checklist items and checklist sections can be filtered depending on criteria such as client type or case stages.
- Checklist sections can automatically appear when a field is entered.
- Checklist items are always date fields, but can also collect documents.
Learn more: Documents & Checklists
- Checklist document configuration and options
- Providing download-able documents for clients on checklists
- Client uploaded documents on checklists
Next Steps: Checklist Configuration
- Open your SAM site and navigate to Settings > Checklist Configuration
- Select the entity you are working on, such as Family
- Click "Add New Item" in the sidebar. SAM will prompt you to create a section the item will be placed in, such as the "Home Study" section.
- Create a few checklist tasks based on the processes you've identified in your program.
- Experiment with creating document checklist items.
- Add trigger criteria to your section.
- Trigger the section to appear on a test record by filling in the field you chose as your section trigger.
Jump into Task Management With a Swimlane
A great tool to make sense of when things happen in a process (and who is doing them) is with a swimlane. Check out our blog post for more info and create your own with the attached template.
You can also use free diagram tools such as draw.io to make digital swimlanes.